Electro Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Full Time (On-Site, No Remote)
New York Mills, NY
The Fountainhead Group is looking for a self-motivated Electro-Mechanical Engineer to join our FGI Family and support our growing Systems Engineering Department. Reporting to the Systems & Compliance Supervisor, the Electro-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for working with design engineers and outside resources to develop electrical specifications and designs for lithium-ion battery powered consumer products. Additionally, the Electro-Mechanical engineer will work with test engineers and our Quality Control department to design and build electrical systems for test equipment, including programming and data acquisition LABVIEW platform designs.
The Fountainhead Group is a family-owned and operated company, dedicated to the success and longevity of our business, our employees, and our community. For more than 130 years, FGI has been creating, innovating, and manufacturing liquid sprayer products for the world's top brands and retailers. From the first compressed air sprayer in 1888, we have dedicated ourselves to creating products that make our customer’s lives easier, expanding our offering to include the highest quality sprayer technology for both home and professional use.
Across four manufacturing and distribution centers in Central New York, we’re committed to the betterment of our FGI Family of employees and our local community, supporting more than 350+ local nonprofits through our robust philanthropy and volunteer programs to ensure the success of our community for generations to come.
What You’ll Do:
The below describes a typical day as a member of our Systems Engineering Department. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer will collaborate with our R&D and our design engineering staff to create specifications and outline development timelines for design and fixtures, but additional responsibilities may be required by the Systems & Compliance Supervisor.
- Lead electrical projects related to new product development for the Engineering and R&D departments.
- Develop electrical and electro-mechanical specifications for systems and components for new products, to achieve performance requirements.
- Develop procedures to test electrical and electro-mechanical performance of products against requirements.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electro-mechanical issues in products, identify problems, and determine solutions and recommendations for innovative features.
- Maintain existing and develop new specialized fixtures and apparatuses for testing electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Maintain existing and write new programs in LabVIEW to operate test fixtures and apparatuses.
- Work with suppliers, including limited domestic and international travel, to source motors, batteries, PCB’s, and other electrical components.
- Support regulatory certification (ETL/UL) process for electrical consumer products, including working with outside testing labs.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 3-5 years of industrial experience in an Electrical Engineering position.
- 2-3 years of experience with LabView.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team, including members from all levels of the company, to achieve project goals and maintain good communication.
- Understanding of small DC motors, Li-Ion batteries, PCB’s, motor controls, and charging systems.
- Proficient with test equipment used for Electrical Engineering (oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.).
- Ability to design fixtures and apparatuses to test electrical and electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Ability to write new programs and edit existing programs in LabVIEW for use with test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and electro-mechanical issues, identify root causes of problems, and determine solutions.
- Ability to analyze test data, compile results, and summarize into effective communication to share with a cross-functional team.
- Proficient with MS Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Advanced knowledge of Lithium-Ion based battery technologies and charging requirements.
- Experience working with small electric pumps (diaphragm or gear types), including developing motor specs to achieve desired performance.
- Basic understanding of Fluid Mechanics, including measurement of pressure, flow, and temperature.
- Extensive experience designing and building electrical and electro-mechanical test equipment, including data acquisition capabilities.
- Familiarity with the regulations governing the shipment of Lithium-Ion Batteries.
- Experience obtaining regulatory certifications (ETL/UL) for consumer products.
The Fountainhead Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (AAE/EEO) and ranked one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York State by the Society for Human Resource Management. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, refugee or disability status. With over 12 languages spoken at FGI, regardless of language ability, education, or training, there is a place for you within the FGI Family!
To learn more about our company culture and commitment to the local community, visit the “Community” page of our website and be sure to follow our Facebook account for exciting updates and events!
The Fountainhead Group,Inc.
AddressNew York Mills, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?