Sourcing Analyst I (Assistant)
The Fountain Group Redwood City, CA
- Expired: 18 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RECENT COLLEGE GRADS WANTED - FORTUNE 500 COMPANY - Multiple Locations
• MUST HAVE skills:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 1-3 years of experience in with the following required:
• Sourcing/Procurement experience analytical skills (reporting on pricing, market data)
• Computer literate and strong Microsoft Office experience. Will need to understand how to perform VLOOKUP ups/pivot tables and analysis.
• Business savvy • Systems/Software/Applications knowledge
• Resource will be able to manage multiple engagements at one time and meet aggressive timelines.
• Candidate is comfortable representing Merck through communication with external vendors & cross functional teams.
• The ideal resource is extremely comfortable with interaction and comfortable in a fast-paced environment without handholding.
• This position requires agility and speed.
• Preferred Experience: • Marketing experience
• Position will start remote and will move onsite once COVID restrictions ease; You must be local to Philadelphia area or NJ area.
• The project will last approximately 1 year. The manager would like to start interviewing right away! • Red Flag: A resource that is showing several “rapid-fire” short stints at several different employers and someone who is overqualified.
• About You – You are a very collaborative forward thinker. You are an organized, collaborative, self-driven, multi-tasker by nature. You lead by example and your communication demands attention. You are motivated, grounded and not easily overwhelmed. You thrive in fast-paced environments and have no problem adapting to your surroundings. You are extremely detail-oriented and you have great, new ideas to share.
• This role is responsible for supporting category management and procurement sourcing.
• This includes contract management support
• PO issue resolution
• creation of new vendors
• Supplier issue resolution
• Technology/process execution
• Dialogues and meetings with GP in connection with supplier and stakeholder resolution
• Data gathering and analysis leading to short/medium term insights not in connection with SMP or strategy creation/execution; all transactions not in connection with SMP or strategy creation/execution which ensure sustainability of the procurement function.
• RFP – support/analytics
• Data/cost analytics
• Conduct Merck risk and compliance processes for external suppliers
• Communicate with external suppliers
• Support of Marketing Procurement performance management
The Fountain Group gives you access to more opportunities in your area of expertise and allows you to gain advice and skills training that will help you advance in your chosen career field
The Fountain Group
Looking for a new career, or a change from your current work environment? The Fountain Group gives you access to more opportunities in your area of expertise and allows you to gain advice and skills training that will help you advance in your chosen career field
AddressRedwood City, CA