The project planner primary responsibility is to ensure projects are shipped on time. Project Planner will schedule manufacturing activities for the project, considering customers need dates and production capacity, and work with Project Managers, Buyers, Engineering and Manufacturing teams in the coordination all supply chain activities, follow up material status and proactively respond to any situation that may result in delay to the project.
In the role of Project Planner, you will:
• Work with the Project Manager, Buyers, Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure the on-time delivery of projects.
• Monitor components status on the project, before and after project is released to the manufacturing team and manage any situation that may compromise the project schedule.
• Maintain project status updated and report it out daily. Work on plans to avoid or reduce impact to manufacturing schedule, customer witness test and ship date.
• Support the Project Manager (PM) in establishing the correct Supply Chain team to the project.
• Identify long lead time items and special process or equipment required by a project.
• Support PM on the creation of the project structure, scheduling and monitor drop shipments. Ensure the correct activities, durations, work centers and workload are planned on every supply chain activity of the project.
• Evaluate supply chain capacity on period the project is intended to be scheduled and assess options to avoid overload. Communicate with manufacturing team to develop solutions for capacity issues.
• Identify additional risks that will prevent delivering the project on time. Work with PM and project members to create action plans to mitigate these risks.
• Communicate required dates for Bill of Material (BOM) releases, according to supply chain and suppliers lead times. Negotiate dates with PM and Engineering and come up with a feasible schedule for both teams, considering materials and resources needs.
• Monitor and follow-up Engineering dates. Ensure BOM, drawing for parts and assemblies, and other documents, are released on time. Communicate with the engineer any late release. Escalate with PM and engineering leadership as needed.
• Verify material master integrity for all parts in a BOM. Verify BOM structure integrity. Fix material master as needed, with special attention to fields that can prevent MRP to run properly. Attach BOM to the project under the correct WBS elements, following the processes in place. Respond quickly after an Engineering Change (EC) is released.
• Notify engineering and PM of any missing obvious items in the BOM. Notify PM of unplanned scope or long lead time items to the Final BOM. Check impact to manufacturing capacity and production cycle time. Work with PM to reevaluate project schedule if needed.
• Verify if MRP is running properly for all items and if all parts were released properly to the project (make, phantom and buy items). Immediately fix any error. Request labels that must be made in house.
• Support buyers on the definition items to expedite and communicate with engineering to look for substitute parts for components not coming on time.
• Check if activities were signed offs on time by the functional supply chain areas.
• Support PM on quoting lead time, cost and schedule impact to the current project, as a response to change order requests. Work with PM to schedule it properly in SAP.
• Create outbound deliveries requests in SAP and work with the Project Manager and Logistic team to ensure all required documents are ready for on-time shipments.
• After the project ships, review parts not issued to the project and resolve any problem. Coordinate with PM and logistics and disposition leftover components.
• Handle requests for Warranties, Concession and Cost of Failure, ensuring parts are shipped quickly.
• Support New Product Introduction (NPI) projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, or high school diploma or equivalent with 5+ years experience
• 3+ years of experience in a supply chain role
• Previous Experience as a planner
• Ability to work well in a team environment, and excellent interpersonal relationship
• Ability to perform under pressure, against tight deadlines
• Ability to deal with frequently changes of priorities
• Ability to manage several projects at a time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service mindset, with ability to enhance internal customer relationships
• Strong organizational skills
• Meticulous person
• Demonstrated self-starter and highly motivated
• Six Sigma Trained or Equivalent Quality training; Green Belt certified
The Fountain Group gives you access to more opportunities in your area of expertise and allows you to gain advice and skills training that will help you advance in your chosen career field