Analytical Chemist / Technical Writer (Partially Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
My name is Chrys and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Analytical Support Specialist / Technical Writer for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ (Hybrid Remote/Onsite) Details for the position are as follows:
Job Title: CMC Technical / Analytical Support Specialist
Hybrid position - will have to come onsite once a week or so (changes depending on need)
- The role of this technical position serves as an in-house Analytical Expert related to CMC issues. This position will work with supervisor to coordinate and support analytical project needs that are conducted at internal analytical labs and external contract analytical laboratories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate all the analytical activities with external CRO Laboratories, CMO manufacturing sites
- Prepare analytical testing protocols, reports and budget plans for the analytical activities requested by various internal and external sites.
- Coordination of laboratory supplies and samples, ensuring sample delivery and work initiation at the third party labs. Monitoring of the activities with close contact with Industrial Analytical management for follow-up.
- Technical work also includes review of documentation, study initiation, follow-ups, data review and summary, and drafting of short reports with guidance. Will perform data trend analysis and provide summary to managers. Additional responsibilities include involvement with labs to follow up on studies. Occasional visits to contract labs are required.
- Support development plans of new products, product line extensions and manufacturing site technical transfers of commercial products. This includes review and input for analytical method development, analytical method validation, associated protocols/reports and required stability studies in compliance with ICH/ FDA guidelines.
- Provide guidance and review of CMC analytical responses prepared by the Industrial Development team members requested by the regulatory agencies.
- Maintain electronic reference standard inventory and ordering of some specialty laboratory supplies for the contract labs. Perform electronic orderings of supplies and set up analytical studies. Other support services could also be assigned to the incumbent including, technical documentation filing, and receiving / shipping of packages of drug substance and drug product, etc.
- Attend and participates in the ongoing CRO/CMO manufacturing sites planning and progress meetings. May require occasional travel to local contract lab.
- Experience with analytical method development, validation activities as well as analytical project coordination and management is required.
- Understanding of basic analytical techniques is essential, e.g. HPLC, UV, GC, Mass spec, dissolution, etc.
- Specific oversight of third party contract laboratories is a plus.
- A successful candidate for this position must have good organization skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and must be comfortable with decision making
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- MS degree in Chemistry, or related scientific fields with 3-6+ years of experience or BS degree with 6-10 years of experience. Good application of math and other suitable scientific courses relating to testing and stability data monitoring. Knowledge of laboratory cGMP and hands on application of Word, Excel, and Power point are necessary.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached.
The Fountain Group
EducationView all jobs at The Fountain Group
Get fresh Remote Staff Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.