Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- $22 to $25 Hourly
This is an hourly nonexempt position, Mon-Fri, 40 hours per week, with a competitive benefits package. The hourly pay range is between $22.00 - $25.00 per hour.
The Food Group (TFG) is a local nonprofit focused on advancing nutritious food access. Established in 1976, we provide food and support services to over 240 hunger relief partners and food distribution locations, in addition to education programming for immigrant farmers, farmers of color, and other historically underrepresented farmers in sustainable farming practices. Our programs include a food bank and anti-hunger initiatives, Fare For All and Twin Cities Mobile Market, and Big River Farms.
Our culture and environment can be described as high-trust, cooperative, collaborative, open, and fun. We are a workplace that is full of people who genuinely appreciate each other and work best when tackling big ideas as a team. We value individuals who bring their life experiences to their work, knowing that the ways that they have experienced racial, economic, or gender injustice drive their passion to create change. We are a team of passionate, dedicated people who work alongside each other.
Equity is fundamental to our mission to fight hunger and nourish our community. Where we live, how much money we make, or the color of our skin currently influences access to healthy and culturally appropriate foods. We must address the roots of these inequities so everyone in our community has the opportunity to live their best life. We believe in working with our community and organizations to improve food access and make systemic changes in hunger relief. To do so, equity is a part of all aspects of our work. We invite individuals from different abilities, ethnicities, genders, races, religions, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds to take part in and shape the work in the community.
II. Job Summary:
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting all communications and marketing of The Food Group by 1) supporting content creation, 2) brand maintenance and design support across program areas to ensure quality and consistency throughout various printed materials, company website, and social media platforms, and 3) analyze site metrics and online traffic growth by providing updates to their manager on the progress of marketing campaigns. This position will also support the implementation of a comprehensive marketing and development effort to acquire, grow and sustain support for fighting hunger and nourishing the community. This position reports directly to the Marketing & Communications Manager and has no direct reports.
III. Core Job Functions:
A. Content Creation & Management – Appx. 50% of time
- Create content and design to manage social media channels
- Create content and make updates and changes to the website
- Support creating assets and content for fundraising campaigns
- Support programs by reviewing and revising designs and messaging materials
- Design materials for marketing needs across the organization, including emails, flyers, social media graphics
- Aggregate content and format monthly digital newsletter
- Gather current, consensual, community centric and genuine stories with community to share organizational impact
- Generate and edit written content (blog, recipes, thought leadership pieces)
- Provide digital and print design support (program flyers, print and digital needs, work across different departments)
- Keep connected with industry narratives, trends, and local events
B. Graphic Design and Brand Maintenance – Appx. 40% of time
- Design and edit marketing pieces with consistent brand and organizational voice
- Coordinate, organize, and take photos and visuals of TFG’s work in the community
- Strengthen department-wide use and knowledge of visual brand standards and elements
- Strengthen department-wide use and knowledge of key messaging
- Track inventory of marketing and communications materials and work with vendors to order swag, supplies, and materials
- Represent the organization at partner and community events
C. Data Analytics – Appx. 10% of time
- Track marketing and communications analytics for programming and advancement departments
- Support implementation of new technologies or tracking methods across advancement department
- Monitor social metrics, trends, to inform marketing and communications tactics
- Track basic website analytics
IV. Position Requirements:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to work effectively with partners who are significantly diverse with respect to age, race, ethnicity, gender orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion
- Must be able to work effectively in an organization that has recognized its own issues related to equity, and is seeking to be more representative of the community
- Demonstrated commitment to hunger relief focused on health, nutrition, and equity
- Interest in food systems, social justice, social media, design, and/or communications
- Willingness to communicate needs and expectations
- Willingness to grow skills and explore new areas of work
- Graphic design skills and experience with Canva
- Interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills
- Approaches work with a sense of collaboration
- Creative and flexible in responding to changing priorities and emerging needs
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Experience with current communications software (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Canva, Adobe, Mailchimp, and WordPress or like programs preferred)
- Experience with social media best practices; including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 1+ years of experience with design, marketing, and/or communications experience preferred
- Minimum travel by car to various site locations may be required.
Licenses and/or Certifications
- Valid MN driver’s license and proof of auto insurance. Dependable transportation is required
V. Working Conditions and Environment:
This position is located at our New Hope office. The New Hope location is a dog-friendly, accessible, and smoke free office setting. This position works primarily during normal business hours and includes some evening and/or weekend hours on and off site. Start times are flexible to adjust to bus, biking, or other transportation schedules. Must have ability to sit for long periods of time and utilize various office equipment (e.g., computer, phone) on a continual basis. Must have ability to use screen based tools for long stretches of time.
All employees must be able to work effectively in a mission-driven agency whose clients and staff exhibit significant diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion.
- Medical & Dental
- 401k Employer Contribution
- Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D up to 2x the employee’s annual salary
- 16 days of Paid Holidays
- Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Many more!
People of Color and LGBTQ+ people are strongly encouraged to apply. The Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.
VI. Hiring Process and Timeline
- The position will be open for applications until filled.
- Please include a current resume and cover letter. Please use the cover letter to tell us why you are interested and what you personally will bring to our team.
- The hiring process will include:
- We will review and screen resume/cover letters
- Initial interviews will be conducted over the phone
- 3-5 top candidates will have in person interviews with selection committee
- Possible second round interview with top 2 candidates
- Formal offer to follow for final candidate
Questions? Contact Sadie Yang, HR & DEI Manager at email@example.com; no phone calls please.
The Food GroupMinneapolis, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.