- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the operation and management of the Brightly: Asset Essentials Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and department records management. Familiar with all facility infrastructure and equipment and assigning factory recommended maintenance tasks. Through data driven analysis of maintenance management, aid in ensuring all life support and facility equipment is operating at peak performance, extending equipment life to its fullest.
Essential Position Functions
- Operate, manage, execute functions for CMMS program to the benefit of managing work orders and providing actionable data on maintenance processes, performance, trends, and assist in continuous process improvements.
- Monitor building automation through web-based systems.
- Electronic document management (i.e. blue prints, inspections, reports, permits, etc.).
- Ensure all work orders are distributed and performed properly on equipment in a timely manner.
- Research problems needing emergency and urgent repair, and preventative and/or predictive maintenance, and identify proper technicians to facilitate maintenance actions.
- Responsible for transferring facility equipment operations manual data to software database.
- Perform research via operating and/or maintenance manuals, communications with production source or contract experts, and internet for projects and equipment, as needed.
- Produce data, charts, reports, and analyses of maintenance assigned and performed.
- Facilitate and/or coordinate training and development of department staff, as necessary.
- Manage short and long-term projects as assigned by management.
- Evaluate facility systems for life cycle needs, upgrades, and consistency with ‘state of the art’ technology.
- Delivers extraordinary customer service to all aquarium guests and internal customers.
- Participates in the 24/7 on call rotation for the Engineering Department as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Education Requirements, Technical Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5 years exposure to commercial/industrial facility maintenance.
- Prior experience in performing preventative maintenance tasks.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus in Excel preferred.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Software.
- Prior experience with software programs for computerized maintenance programs.
- Writing, communications, and computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office) must be above average.
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial facility equipment.
- Customer Service Orientation: Listening and understanding the customer (both internal and external) and anticipating and evaluating the customer’s needs; making the customer’s satisfaction a high priority in all areas of responsibility.
- Teamwork: Supporting, facilitating, and participating in activities that promote team effectiveness; demonstrating sensitivity for the feelings and needs of team members and supporting team goals.
- Professional/Technical Knowledge: Remains current on developments in the field within and outside the organization; maintains proficiencies
- Work Standards: Applies high performance standards to all work-related activities
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing a course of action with specific long-range goals for the aquarium; setting priorities among competing requirements and allocating resources in the most efficient and effective way; developing contingency plans that anticipate changes in the work environment.
- Information Gathering and Monitoring: Effectively collects relevant data using questioning or research techniques to monitor and manage projects and people
- Quality: Upholding standards beyond what is required; inspiring staff to maintain and initiate high standards of excellence in their work efforts.
Typical Physical Requirements
- Typing on a computer keyboard
- Sitting (2 to 6 hours per day)
- Stooping - Occassionally
- Climbing stairs — Occasionally
- Lifting (no more than 50 pounds)
- Car travel / Air travel - Occassionally
- Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
- Flexibility in working weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Availability for on call for emergencies
- Outdoor duties in a central Florida environment
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity
The Florida Aquarium
701 Channelside Drive TampaTampa, FL
Get fresh Asset Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.