Mid/Senior Graphic Designer
- Posted: 14 days ago
The Fire Station, LLC
The Fire Station (TFS) operates as a series of Marijuana Facilities within the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. TFS holds valid state and municipal operating licenses and strives to exceed compliance standards at the highest level. Beginning in 2019 with less than ten employees, our business is now growing rapidly and welcomes new employees who are interested in a career in the cannabis industry. As a Marijuana Retail Facility, our operations involve welcoming customers 21 + years of age into our facility to view and purchase high quality marijuana products. A team of employees all work together to provide customers with top notch customer service and cannabis knowledge to aid them in their cannabis experience.
Job Title: Graphic Designer (mid or senior level)
The Fire Station’s graphic designer is responsible for visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, advertisements, logos and layouts for a variety of physical and digital media. This position works closely with TFS’s marketing, sales and retail teams to produce high-quality visual content that propels the company’s brand image and compels target audiences to shop at TFS.
- Collaborate with the marketing director and marketing team to identify and create compelling visuals that effectively promote TFS brands and retail locations.
- Conceptualize, design and produce complete designs for a variety of media, including but not limited to web, email, social media, printed publications, retail displays, advertisements, product packaging, and merchandise.
- Prepare concepts and drafts and present ideas to the marketing director for feedback and refinement.
- Collaborate with marketing team staff members to develop sales and promotions graphics in a timely manner for use across a variety of media
- Conceptualize brand identities and standards, as needed.
- Balance multiple concurrent projects at once by properly and efficiently completing tasks, accounting for proofing of materials, and adhering to deadlines.
- Set up meetings with project stakeholders to understand and determine scope, details and deadlines.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and/or vendors such as cannabis brands, printers, or freelancers, as needed.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing and sales team to align design initiatives to the company’s overall strategies and goals.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to create compelling campaigns and materials that drive customer engagement and overall brand satisfaction.
- Enforce brand standards and policies as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to lead multiple concurrent projects from concept to completion, ensuring deadlines are met
- Excellent time management, organization, problem solving and communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, or closely related field
- 3-5 years’ full-time experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience working within established brand standards and knowledge of brand development
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, brand identity, product packaging, advertising, and cross-channel design
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail or startup environment
- Knowledge or experience working within the cannabis industry
- State & Municipal Law - TFS operates in full compliance with all rules and regulations enforced by the State of Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and Marihuana Regulatory Agency (MRA). Further, TFS operates in full compliance with the rules and regulations of each municipality they are located within. To operate in compliance with such rules and regulations, employees are required to follow all policies created and enforced by and within TFS facilities.
- Prolonged periods working on a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds at a time
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have NO felony convictions
- Satisfactory Background Check
- Valid form of government issued photo identification
Typically Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm
$40,000 minimum, negotiable based on experience
- Applicants must provide:
- Cover letter
- A complete portfolio of design work that showcases their skills and experience
EOE Statement: TFS is committed and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. TFS does not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status of any qualified applicant. TFS is fully compliant with all fair employment practices and strives to create a diverse, unbiased work environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
The Fire Station
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?