- Expired: January 25, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Fire Station, LLC
The Fire Station (TFS) operates as a series of Marijuana Facilities within the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. TFS holds valid state and municipal operating licenses and strives to exceed compliance standards at the highest level. Beginning in 2019 with less than ten employees, our business is now growing rapidly and welcomes new employees who are interested in a career in the cannabis industry. As a Marijuana Retail Facility, our operations involve welcoming customers 21 + years of age into our facility to view and purchase high quality marijuana products. A team of employees all work together to provide customers with top notch customer service and cannabis knowledge to aid them in their cannabis experience.
Job Title: General Manager
Roles - The General Manager has authority over the finished product, from orchestrating product orders and shipments to importing inventory as it arrives in the facility, to accounting for cash at the end of the day. The General Manager oversees the entire in store operations and performance of staff. General Manager works alongside Assistant Managers, directing and issuing responsibility.
- Is the keyholder and top management for the facility, responsible for the flow of daily operations and serves to be the final deciding factor
- Has access to monitoring and reviewing video surveillance footage
- Has executive authority; is responsible for properly handling emergencies in the workplace
- Evaluates staff performance including completion of job duties, behaviors with fellow staff and communication with customers
- Ensures that all required and necessary duties and tasks are performed by the respective staff; reviews and approves of completed shift checklists
- Oversees staff training progress, effectiveness, performance
- Oversees packing and restocking inventory activities
- Regularly submits reports regarding staff performance to HR
- Analyses and approves all unique transactions, discounts; reviews and records transaction mistakes
- Works with the inventory manager to maintain inventory; orchestrates product ordering, shipments, importing of inventory, storage and restocking of inventory on the sales floor
- Responsible and accounts for all cash within the facility, from balancing drawers, making cash drops, counting cash after the facility closes, and submitting cash/financial reports to regulatory agencies
- Works with the marketing director to help grow product segments, and to identify specific requests from customers that will result in overall growth of the company.
- Regularly contacts the owners to discuss the status of the facility as well as give customer, inventory, staff or financial reports
- Must ensure that all operations are being performed in compliance with local and state laws, rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Works well under pressure and deadlines, ability to multitask
- Must be able to be available to handle time sensitive situations outside of regular work schedule
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Communications or Public Relations, Marketing or related fields required
- Must have 5+ years of experience in administration, management or similar fields at minimum
- State & Municipal Law - TFS operates in full compliance with all rules and regulations enforced by the State of Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) and Marihuana Regulatory Agency (MRA). Further, TFS operates in full compliance with the rules and regulations of each municipality they are located within. To operate in compliance with such rules and regulations, employees are required to follow all policies created and enforced by and within TFS facilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of lifting, walking
- Must be able to remain calm and collected in a busy retail environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have NO felony convictions
- Background Check
- Valid form of identification
9 am - 9 pm, holidays, nights, and weekends
Salary/Wage & Benefits
TFS offers enrollment into Health, Dental and Vision insurance packages through TFS, provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield. Employees are eligible if they are full time employees who have been employed for 90 days or more. Other benefits are offered to both PT and FT employees
Wage: Starting at $55,000 annually
The Fire Station
AddressSault Sainte Marie, MI
Get fresh Fire Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.