Fila Group is looking for an experienced Program Manager for an ongoing Federal Government project to oversee a staff of over 10 business analysts, systems analysts, and enterprise architects. This position is responsible for managing all day-to-day operations, directing and managing project staff, assessing and mitigating project risks, and identifying and resolving project issues in support of program success. The Program Manager will be the primary point of contact for the customer, will be responsible for participating in a wide variety of customer/team meetings, and will provide technical/management leadership on project deliverables.
He/she will develop and maintain project plans that meet project objectives and directs/controls activities for the client. He/she will have overall responsibility for project execution methods and staffing to ensure that project scope is maintained and that technical requirements are met at all times. Interactions involve client engagement and project team management as well as interfacing with Fila Group senior management.
The Program Manager must possess strong knowledge and experience in the areas of Project Management, IT Strategy, IT Governance, Staff Management and Coaching, Communications, Business Analysis and will have experience performing and managing Enterprise Architecture, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), and agile solution development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager acts as manager and overall point of contact for all work on the contract and:
- Directs staff and reviews work products for quality, soundness, completeness, and adherence to customer requirements
- Manages customer expectations and ensure overall project scope is maintained and not exceeded
- Develops overall project schedule & milestones and monitors the execution of the project against planned timelines
- Provides staff coaching and mentorship, as needed
- Develops project plans, project schedules, status reports, briefings and other project management deliverables
- Provides technical and functional management to one or more project teams for specific projects or sub-tasks
- Provides subject matter expertise in project management, enterprise architecture, technology modernization, IT strategy and governance, and IT capital planning and investment control, as required
- Ensures project staffing quality is maintained and assists in the acquisition of new company staff resources
- Participate in customer and team meetings routinely and support capturing meeting minutes, when needed
- Identify and support the acquisition of new growth opportunities for the company
- Grow existing program work organically by identifying and selling new opportunities within the department
- Provide support to proposal efforts - content for technical, business, management, past performance and pricing volumes
- Participate in proposal color reviews when requested
- Participate in meetings with new customers
- Federal consulting experience
- Existing federal clearance level of Public Trust or higher
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Program/Project Manager or Team Lead with increasing responsibility
- The ideal candidate should have a technical background as well as a management background and should have experience in the following:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project management of technically and functionally diverse and complex IT programs
- Business case development
- IT solution architectural analysis and design
- Detailed migration planning and alternatives analysis
- Extensive Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Capital Planning, Strategic Planning, System Modernization Planning, and Business Analysis
- PMI Certifications (PMP, PgMP) or other Project/Program Manager Certifications
- Federal Enterprise Architecture certification
- Microsoft Project experience – developing and maintaining large project schedules, establishing critical path, resource leveling, etc.
- Experience in cloud, data, and security architecture strategy development and implementation
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining an EA Repository such as SoftwareAG Alfabet
Fila Group customers include: Federal Student Aid, the Department of Education, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of the Interior, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor, US Forest Service, General Services Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Transportation (NHSTA), Department of Agriculture, State of Minnesota, State of Virginia, and the State of Washington.