- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under general supervision, assists in the maintenance, repair, refurbishment, renovation, remodeling and general upkeep in order to keep the facility functional and attractive to prospective customers.
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the hotel and its equipment.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
- Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe, secure and good condition in order to reduce accidents and to prolong their use.
- Cuts room keys on automatic key cutter, repairs and/or changes room locks for the security of hotel and guests.
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment, including televisions.
- Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and employees.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Contacts, by telephone or written correspondence, electrical, and plumbing contractors for repair/maintenance of hotel and its equipment.
- Runs errands as needed, driving own or company vehicle, in order to drop off and pick up supplies, equipment and furnishings.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with our established rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of restaurant facilities. Employees who violate the established rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Must contribute to a positive and cohesive work environment and be professional at all times.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Must have basic working knowledge in the following areas:
- general plumbing
- air conditioning
- electrical systems
- bathroom fixtures and tiling
- painting - prep to finish
- basic carpentry
- Must be able to drive and hold a valid Class C state drivers license.
- Must have vision to read written communiques, LED read-outs, meters, and computer screens.
- Must have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to pull levers and rotate knobs, work with arms raised above head and to handle and assemble small parts using basic hand and power tools.
- Must have upper body strength to lift 50lbs. throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Must have leg strength and ability to crawl into and through small spaces, climb ladders, support and carry loads of 50lbs.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, communicate both verbally and in writing, utilize analytical thought processes, understand verbal/written technical and mechanical instruction, and be highly organized.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees, guests and contractors in writing, via telephone and in person.
- A minimum of 6 months successful experience in equal or similar position.
- Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder) tools. Painting equipment, key cutting machine, equipment
- Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending, reaching, and heavy lifting.
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Medical/Dental/Vision for full-time ambassadors consistently working 30 or more hours weekly
- Vacation & Holiday Pay for full-time ambassadors consistently working 30 or more hours weekly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career growth and training opportunities
- Reduced room rates throughout the portfolio
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account for full-time ambassadors consistently working 30 or more hours weekly
- Life insurance
- FMLA per state and federal regulations
The Farnam, Autograph Collection
Get fresh Collection Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.