The Farm Brewery at Broad Run is looking for an experienced, ambitious, motivated and driven person who is willing to be a part of an exciting and growing team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Manager will be responsible for supporting managing the shift team members and ensuring an exceptional guest experience while promoting the culture of our brand. This position is part-time and applicant must still be able to work regular scheduled shifts. Shift members are paid an hourly rate in addition to sharing tip pool.
· Attend weekly manager meetings currently scheduled Tuesdays at 10am
· Manage opening and closing duties including submission of daily sales reports and reconciliation of cash drawers and bank
· Have thorough knowledge of Point of Sale system, Homebase and Excel
· Assist with the training and development of staff and disciplinary actions when necessary
· Take initiative to assist with various projects during tasting room down time and direct staff tasks as needed, make staff cuts as required by shift volume
· Provides day-to-day guidance and hold team members accountable by monitoring quality of work, assigning basic duties and providing support where needed
· Designate staff breaks as necessary without interfering with guest experience
· Ensure tasting room is clean and maintain the aesthetics of both inside and outside
· Engage with customers as required to resolve any complaints and/or refer to management as needed.
· Assists with the execution of reservations and events
· Responsible for maintaining Untappd and Square menus as beer swaps occur
· Educated and able to change kegs and switching between BT and keg
· Completing tasks assigned by the Brew Master
- · Must maintain a positive attitude and willingness to work with management staff, continually striving to maintain the culture that has been developed at the Farm Brewery at Broad Run.
. Must respond to regular team Homebase messages
- Must have previous management experience of no less than 2 years
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation depends on your experience.
About The Farm Brewery at Broad Run: We hope you are considering a visit! Since 1998, we have been busy working on our farm near Haymarket VA. Our initial project was to construct several greenhouses to grow annuals and perennials to be sold in our on-site landscape design center and to be used in our commercial designs by Community Landscape Services.As the market for naturally grown fruits and vegetables grew, we added crops of fruit trees, berries, heirloom varieties of tomatoes and squash, melons and peppers and even built a chicken house to harvest fresh eggs. The harvests from these crops will be used in our seasonal food creations.Our newest venture is our BrewBarn and Pavilion Beer Garden which includes a hop yard. Our 15 barrel brewhouse, manufactured “in the great state of Virginia”, will produce an assortment of beer styles that change with the seasons and crop rotations. We are also be propagating our own yeast strains which will only be available to us.Come for the beer, enjoy the music, and stay for the bucolic setting!… because “Life is Brewtiful”!
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.