Immediate opening for experienced front desk/intake person in busy front office. Experienced candidates only please!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make coffee as soon as you arrive
- Answer multi line phone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Schedule appointments electronically for Diagnostic Assessments, therapy and medication management services
- Confirm all appointments for the therapists , nurse practitioner & psychiatrist, as well as intake appointments the day prior to scheduled visit
- Check copier in the back for incoming faxes upon arrival in the morning, midday, and prior to departure each day
- Maintain consumer flow by ensuring that consumers are seen in a timely manner by psychiatrist and therapists. Wait time should not exceed 30 minutes
- Ensure all consumers sign in upon entering the facility
- When consumer arrives verify insurance, address, and telephone number prior to services being rendered by asking consumer if anything has changed
- Verify insurance eligibility through DC Medicaid for all enrolled consumers on the 1st & 15th business day of each month and provide a report to the Clinical Director and CEO of consumers who are not currently insured. This is done jointly with the Intake clinical coordinator & Administrative Assistant
- Maintain consumers’ daily sign in sheets by filing in consumer “Sign In” Binder
- Inform clinicians of MCO or Medicaid consumer prior to service being rendered
Inform clinicians of procedure codes to be used before providing a service; and check code after service is rendered to ensure clinicians enter the correct procedure codes
Conduct monthly fire drills
Take trash out from all offices and restrooms on: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Intakes - : Review and explain consent forms with consumers on initial visit to obtain signatures.
- Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma
· Experience in filing alphabetically
Knowledge of iCAMS a +
· Exceptional customer service and communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills; able to handle multi-tasks
· Professional appearance and excellent work ethic
· Detail oriented and team player
· Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, publisher and Microsoft Office outlook
Candidate requires background clearances: Child Protection Register, Metropolitan Police, Criminal Background Check, Health & Drug Clearances.
Must be available for immediate hire.