Job Description: Therapist - Consultant
General Job Position:
Licensed therapist to provide individual, couples, family, and or group psychotherapy/and or counseling to adults and children with chronic mental illness and forensic population. This position is a consultant position. Experience providing psychotherapy with these populations is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform psychiatric and psycho social assessments to enrolled consumers
Provide individual psychotherapy/and or counseling to individuals and families enrolled in the program.
Perform LOCUS/CAFAS, Gain(SS) Assessments for all consumers
Develop person centered treatment plans
Prepare progress notes on clinical sessions provided to consumers
Participate in the multi-disciplinary team conferences
Prepare Clinical reports to DC Superior Court (and other referral sources) when said request is in writing from the court (minimum 10 days advance request) and the report requirements are clearly specified. Shall be part of the participant in the program individual treatment plan of care.
Report directly to the Clinical Director/CEO.
- MSW /MSc degree from an accredited school of psychology, social work, professional counseling
- Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, (LICSW/LISW); Professional Counselor (LPC) in the District of Columbia
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with adults, youths, high-risk children, and their families in a community mental health outpatient setting
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with forensic populations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft word
- Knowledge of iCAMS
- Knowledge of Practice Fusion
Candidate must have satisfactorily completed a criminal background check, metropolitan police clearance, child protection registry clearance, drug