Food and Beverage Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The highly recognized Epoch Gastropub at The Exeter Inn is actively searching for an energetic, customer-focused, and highly motivated Food and Beverage Director / Restaurant Manager to lead our team of restaurant professionals.
The Exeter Inn and Epoch Gastropub, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, is a beautifully restored inn located on the seacoast just 15 minutes from Portsmouth, NH in the historic town of Exeter. It offers 46 guest rooms and suites, our contemporary chef-driven restaurant and bar - Epoch Gastropub, and unique meeting and event spaces for all occasions. Visit theexeterinn.com and epochrestaurant.com for more information. Be sure to Follow @Hay Creek Hotels on Linkedin for future employment updates!
- Responsible for the entire front of the house food & beverage department operations that include; restaurant, bar, room service, and banquets.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients and guests in our restaurant, bar, room service and banquet areas, with a strong passion to elevate one's dining experience. Act as a liaison between the F&B team and the guests to provide a truly wonderful and memorable experience.
- Creating and maintaining an exceptional guest experience while motivating and training our staff that offers a 'Delight and Surprise' atmosphere. Leads the team to ensure outstanding internal and external customer service standards.
- Assists F&B Managers with entire Employment Process to include; creative recruitment, interviews, references, hiring, training & development of staff.
- Manage positive Employee Relations Standards and enforce all SOP's that include; effective communication venues, coaching, counseling, evaluating, hiring & training of staff.
- Manage the budgets, scheduling, forecasting, inventory, expenses, promotions and systems and controls for all F&B departments.
- Creates a fun, energetic and team oriented working environment for entire staff.
- Manages all; health, sanitation, safety and security, laws, policies and procedures in all F&B departments/hotel.
- Develop, maintain and administer F&B sales and marketing strategies i.e.; menus, advertisements, entertainment, food & beverage promotions, signs, incentives, flyers, e-blasts, etc.
- Maintain all Point of Sale (POS) systems to include; updating pricing, making adjustments, enter specials, maintain counts, use of time clock system, etc.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
- 3-5 years of recent Restaurant leadership experience.
- Hotel or catering/banquets experience a plus.
- Willingness to take ownership and become the 'face' of the Restaurant with our guests as well as an ambassador in the local community
- Proven ability to drive sales and motivate teams with positivity and creativity
- Able to expedite, greet and host guests, and act as a server as needed
- Ability to focus on cost management, capable of working with finely tuned existing F&B control models (Excel), including efficient labor cost management, inventory management, forecasting, and review of revenue.
- MS Office Suite and instinctive computer skills
- Proven ability to control costs pursuant to the annual operating budget.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven training, communication, leadership and financial management skills
- Ability to multitask, adapt to change, think quickly and prioritize effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining calmness, composure, and hospitality
- Must have flexibility with schedule to include evenings and weekend.
- Ability to furnish appropriate state mandated certifications (TIPS, ServSafe, CPR, Allergy Awareness, etc.)
The Exeter Inn / Epoch Restaurant & Bar
Get fresh Assistant Beverage Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!