Executive Director Controller and Global Finance Shared Services Leader
Our clients are seeking Executive Director Controller and Global Finance Shared Services Leader to join their team specializing in Finance Shared Services. This leader will provide strategic and business leadership to the global Finance and Accounting shared service operations for the organization.
The position works directly with the Executive Finance Leadership team to set direction and ensure top quartile performance, drive efficiency gains and compliance in the execution of shared-services work and help optimize working capital. It will work with the businesses to deliver value through performance improvement and analytics that support decision making.
- Responsible for working with the business and the finance function on the vision for finance and accounting shared services and executing that vision.
- Responsible for accounting practices, financial controls and compliance, budgeting, financial reporting, and analytics for the Organization’s Shared Services.
- Maintain a strong focus on best-in-class execution and deliver short term results while moving towards the long-term vision.
- Responsible for global talent management for finance and accounting shared service operations; including attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing policies, processes, and systems with a focus on simplifying, standardizing, and implementing best practices globally.
- Improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
- Develop and monitor service level agreements including meaningful metrics and service pricing.
- Provide oversite to the global budgeting and strategic simulation processes.
- Responsible for strategic third -party suppliers for financial services
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading a global finance organization with a preferred focus on manufacturing, distribution, and shared services.
- Comfortable building partnerships in a global matrixed organization, working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Excellent Communications skills and ability to listen to key stakeholders.
- Comfortable engaging in constructive conflict to drive improvement.
- Global perspective – uses a global lens and takes a broad view when approaching issues.
- Excellent business acumen - making the right calls at the right time.
- Business partnering, and strong customer service focused.
- Think analytically, focus on the big picture, and able to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
- Understand how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance.
- Drives vision and purpose.
- Experience in managing and/or transforming a Global Finance Shared Service Center Required
- Experience in managing a multi-site international finance team required.
- Utilize technology to improve performance and control.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Exeter Group