Controller - Distribution Business Segment
The Exeter Group Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: December 04, 2020
Controller – Distribution Business Segment
As a member of Distribution Leadership Team and Global Finance Function Leadership Team the Controller collaborates as a thought partner with the DBU President on the long-term strategy for the segment. They will also partner with the Distribution Leadership Team to execute business strategy and to extend the business’ record of improving financial performance for this $7 billion+ revenue business.
The Controller also leads and develops a world-class global finance function and is responsible for all accounting practices, budgeting, and financial controls for the Business Segment. In addition, the Controller collaborates with the CFO, corporate controller, global tax, and treasury teams to optimize risk management for the Organization.
- Drives business decisions through strategic financial analysis for the business segment as part of the Business Segment’s leadership team.
- Partners with the business to execute strategic business initiatives including partnerships, joint ventures, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Example - collaborate as a strategic partner with the Africa & Middle East business leader and controller, helping execute both short- and long-term initiatives to drive improved performance of the business overall and the finance function.
- Sets the strategic direction of the Finance function as a part of the Executive Finance Leadership Team.
- Ensures that the finance function is structured to support the business needs.
- Provides direction and oversight of global distribution finance teams, ensuring that we maintain a culture of high performance.
- Ensures that we maintain an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion for all, including establishing actionable succession plans for key finance roles.
- Leads the five-year simulation, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes.
- Works with the Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer to interpret and apply consistent accounting practices to the business segment.
- Directs the monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the business segment.
- Provides leadership to business to meet working capital targets.
- Ensures a strong control environment across the key business cycles.
- Provides appropriate resources for internal and external financial and process audits.
- Implements recommended changes to accounting practices.
- Coaches and mentors finance employees within the business segment; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Drives finance succession planning for the business and finance organization.
- Significant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience in a global distribution or industrial manufacturing business with multi-site and multi-country responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capability in developing and motivating employees through economic cycles.
- Experience driving performance improvement while managing foreign exchange risk.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification required.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, or gender identification. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.