- Posted: 21 days ago
The Excalibur Group is currently seeking a Senior Paralegal in Washington, DC to support a Federal contract.
**Must be a U.S. Citizen, possess good-excellent credit, able to obtain a DOJ MBI Clearance and will be subject to a background/credit screen prior to employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works under the direction of Supervisory Paralegal or Project Supervisor.
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files; performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery)
- Indexes, tracks and exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial
- Prepares exhibit cross-references
- Assists attorneys in courtroom
- Cases supported will include both Civil and Criminal matters, in various stages of Investigation, Discovery, Deposition or Trial Prep/Trial.
- Issues include, but are not limited to, Conservation Easement, Injunction, Tax Preparer/Promoter, Bankruptcy, Shelters, Employment, etc.
- Reads and analyzes reports of investigating agencies.
- Sorts through and reads subpoenaed documents.
- Participates and assists in preparation for trial by compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibiting.
- Range of paralegal tasks include, but are not limited to copying, mailing, closing files, maintaining pleadings.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
- Skill in use of Adobe, MS Word and MS Excel, Skill using Ipro View, Ipro Eclipse SE and Relativity.
- Requires paralegal certificate or JD.
- At least 2-3 years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful. Automated litigation support experience very helpful.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation system sufficient to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging and telecommunications.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon. – Fri. 8:30am – 5pm with ½ hour lunch
Except Federal Holidays
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested in this opportunity, please apply on our website by visiting www.theexcaliburgroup.com. When on the website, select the Careers tab and in the drop-down menu select current positions. Once there you'll find all of Excalibur's current openings.
**The Excalibur Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
Powered by JazzHR
The Excalibur Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?