Job: Education / Training
Primary Location: Americas-US-CA-San Francisco
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1915240
Deliver best-in class education, service & artistry skill development and training through Artist, Store & Retail Manager education and augmented digital learning/social engagement strategies:
• Classroom, Core Training & Seasonal Education Programs (25% of time): Prepare, Plan & Facilitate channel specific Basic Training for all retail channels, classroom M·A·C Update, ULTA Summit bi-annual classroom training, Advanced Makeup & Fashion Show Skill Certification, specialized training for SMC, Service Call Centers, Retailer Specific training strategies, Freelance and On-line Training. TTL “Train The Leader” Store & Retail Manager specific M·A·C Update and additional commercial leadership training for Store and Retail managers to develop commercial skill, drive in-store service experience, conversion and business results.
• In-Store Seasonal Education Programs (10% of time): Support Store & Retail Manager of M·A·C Update GO in priority doors across wholesale & retail channels, facilitate Creative and Specialized Workshops, Skill Drill Boot Camps, Product Specialist Orientation & Training.
• In-Store Real-time Education and Training (40% of time): On-going training and development of Artists, and in partnership with field sales & operations partners, Store & Retail Managers which translate into skills to drive excellence in service, artistry and selling. Wholesale channel to be supported 75% of allocated ISS days and FSS Retail channel to be supported 25% of allocated ISS days. Support breakdown by Wholesale channel: Top 25 Doors by training region to be prioritized 85% of the time and non-priority Wholesale doors to be allotted 25% of field training support as determined by Field Executive Education Manager.
o Facilitate Skill Certification process based on regional priorities as determined by Field Executive Education Manager.
o In-Store learning to echo core training objectives in driving service, artistry and selling skills within the store environment for Artists and location management.
o Leverage education opportunities during participation in Wholesale, Retail and Retailer in-store events as determined by Field Executive Education Manager.
o Lead by example by demonstrating exceptional customer service by directly interacting with customers on brand messaging, product and application education, artistry and fulfilling customer needs.
Drive Digital Learning, Creative Content Creation, and support internal and external Influencer strategy: (15%)
o Drive adoption of digital learning platform (MY M∙A∙C) as an augment to classroom and in-store learning Video Learning Content Creation (digital) to drive awareness and engagement for Artists
o Tutorials for digital learning platforms and via social media platforms (IG “Lives)
o Collaboration with Digital Education Manager for strategic content creation & social platforms for learning and engagement (IG “Lives”, etc.)
Presence/Activities/Support integral to driving service, artistry, selling: (10%)
o Participation in Fashion Weeks as determined by FEEM, Contributions to Marketing, Product Development, Artist Relations Support, Regional Meetings, Training & Back Office Support, Office days, Career Calls, and maintaining regional sets of training equipment and training facility maintenance.
DRIVE STRATEGIC ASSESSMENT AND EVOLUTION OF THE NOAM EDUCATION FOR THE REGION BY:
• Actively participate in Regional Education Quarterly Strategy meetings to determine education priorities (Classroom, In-store, Digital/Social) by presenting ideas and solutions, discussing educational developments, regional service/artistry/selling success and challenges, identifying training opportunities, coaching and supporting others.
• Creating a feedback loop by identifying and communicating effectiveness of training initiatives, training needs, staff performance, and morale with Field Executive Education Manager, Executive Director, Education and VP, Education, NOAM. Offer viable training solutions and strategies to lead and execute educational efforts to drive business needs.
• Creating strong PTA (Post Training Action Plan) subsequent to Basic Training, Classroom M∙A∙C Update (People & Product) People: to discuss developmental next steps (Skill Certification), (PRODUCT) potential challenges, scale best practices and create off-set strategy for launch sell-through objectives.
• Attending regularly scheduled meetings with Executive Director, Education and Field Executive Education Manager to discuss education and business strategies, competitive landscape, product and marketing needs based on field insights, customer service and loyalty drivers, digital learning opportunities, digital content creation, status on regional priorities and PTA plans, identify challenges and define action plans that support the needs of the business.
• Organizing a quarterly and monthly schedule that supports the needs of the business through efficient facilitation of AT&D Fundamentals, TTL Classroom-based trainings and other educational initiatives, In-Store Support, Leadership Development of Managers, Regional meetings, etc.
• Assisting in strengthening the collaboration across field partnerships to support Brand, Regional and local market objectives.
• Actively promoting continuous learning for others to achieve maximum potential.
LEAD AND DEVELOP EMPLOYEES BY:
• Supporting selection decisions of M·A·C Artists in collaboration with field business colleagues as determined by FEEM.
• Leading Succession Planning Program for M·A·C Artists by recommending and preparing employees for promotion.
• Fostering an environment that encourages the open exchange of ideas and inspires people to look beyond their own roles and understand how they can contribute to the business.
• Drive evolution of modernized US Education department through open dialogue, sharing of best practices and supporting unified vision of evolution.
• Deliver meaningful, developmental education and support (TTL) for Store & Retail Managers.
• Assisting in ensuring the store environment is safe and that work practices are safe.
Minimum Education Level: A minimum grade 12 education with specialist training in makeup.
Minimum Years of Experience: 2+ years’ experience as a MAC Artist. Experience as a Product Specialist and Impact Team Member. 1-year experience in an educational and/or leadership role.
Required Language Proficiency: English
• The position requires moderate physical effort.
• Training equipment bags, (weighing approximately 40 lb. when loaded) must be lifted and transferred to and from vehicles and training venues.
• During training, packing and unpacking of materials is required.
• There may be moving and setting up of chairs, tables and furniture required at training venues.
• Travel by air and car may be required.
• At counters, one must stand nearly 8 hours.
• Retail Partnered Store (department Store/ retail selling floor).
• M·A·C Store.
• Training room (open area studio, or hotel or conference room).
• Make-up room environment.
• Off-site special event location.
• Training and coaching new and existing employees and customers.
• Proven ability to provide guidance, instruction and product knowledge and training.
• Demonstrate ability to develop creative, challenging informative and fun ways to
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.