Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: Americas-US-MN-Blaine
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Number: 196268
The Global Creative Director is responsible for brand identity, voice and expression. The role will align with Marketing and Product Development to ensure that the biggest commercial opportunities are identified and prioritized. This role has oversight for briefing and directing external agencies; and leading the internal team to execute with excellence.
• Ensures that the brand voice and expression are reflected in assets that drive consumer excitement in a compelling and locally relevant way.
• Develops playbooks to ensure adherence to brand voice and campaign execution across regions
• Develops and drives creative strategy. Translates brand concepts and vision into actionable initiatives and business goals.
• Partners with the respective leadership team members inclusive of consumer engagement, product marketing, sales and communications to drive creation against biggest commercial opportunities; continuously assesses effectiveness and impact of creative activities through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Briefs and strategically directs external agencies to ensure proper development of 360 campaigns which embody a consumer-centric and digital-first mind set. Direct agencies for architectural and interior design.
• Leads internal team to provide campaign support (digital/print design, copy and creative operations). Lead Aveda’s retail experience through store design and visual merchandising.
• Connect with Influencers and Artists to fuel growth in EMV and build brand equity.
• Responsible for delivering guidelines, to include user generated and artist generated content; and leadership to regions that results in speed to market of locally relevant creative assets that consistently align to global vision.
• Utilizes a "fast fashion" concept to provide creative and trend-focused input to product development.
• Leads and develops creative team and organization design while continuing to upskill function.
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies with a consumer-centric, and digital first mind set. Ability to translate brand concepts and visions into actionable initiatives and goals.
• Demonstrated ability as a brand builder; ability to create a brand voice and expression.
• Experience leading global creative teams in a beauty or lifestyle brand. Experience working in visual merchandising and store design.
• Demonstrated ability to reach multicultural consumer target; and possess a global mind set to understand global, regional and local content.
• Deep understanding of the brands’ general and specific competitive landscape; market trends, consumer path to purchase and advocacy; and digital/social/306 marketing campaign trends.
• Experience directing and managing external agencies.• Ability to work cross-functionally with Marketing and other business partners to create global commercial opportunities.
• Ability to lead and develop creative teams with a caring and generous style.
• Passion for the Aveda mission and natural beauty.
• BA/BS/BFA or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.