- Posted: over a month ago
Laying in the heart of Napa Valley, The Estate Yountville features two magnificent hotels that embody the perfect getaway and retreat. Surrounded by vineyards, Michelin-star restaurants and exquisite views in Yountville, our 22-acre haven sits among one the most coveted viticulture regions in the world. We invite our guests to immerse themselves in a redesigned Wine Country experience in a delightfully vino-cultured manner: two luxury hotels with decidedly different personalities – the vibrant Hotel Villagio and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a chic and tranquil sanctuary. A combined room-count of nearly 200 rooms and suites allows us to create a memorable experience for any occasion!
The Spa Specialist is involved with all aspects of the Spa operation and Spa guest experience. This position is responsible for providing courteous and efficient guest service from the point of guest’s initial contact on the phone, to arrival at The Spa, through the guest’s check-in and check-out procedure. Spa Specialist is responsible for educating and guiding guests towards a customized spa experience including upselling and providing a personal connection. Spa Specialist will also maintain and be responsible for a cashier’s bank, reaching retail sales goals and taking cash/credit card/gift certificate payments efficiently and accurately. Spa Specialist will also handle all guest correspondence, provide spa tours, issue robe/slippers/locker, and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of The Spa facilities at a luxury level.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and deliver exceptional guest experiences in accordance with The Spa at The Estate’s Service Standards and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Greet and welcome guests; anticipating their needs.
- Represent The Spa at The Estate professionally, ethically and in accordance with prescribed standards. This includes uniforms being cleaned and pressed regularly and a kempt appearance.
- Support The Spa at The Estate culture and its principles.
- Embrace and practice Forbes Luxury Service Standards.
- Learn The Spa at The Estate full treatment menu and retail products in a timely manner; attending trainings, role-playing and completing standards test out.
- Embrace quality control tests and inspections of products, services and/or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Meet any established quantitative metrics including: Retail sales, membership sales and survey scores.
- Participate in The Spa at The Estate programs to develop clientele – explain promotions to clients; support trunk shows and events; participate in incentive contests; adhere to uniform standards and professional code of conduct.
- Participate in Spa team activities – help train/mentor others; attend team meetings and events.
- Properly open and close the Spa facility according to specific standard operating procedures.
- Efficiently schedule spa reservations for guests using Spa Soft computer software.
- Confer with guests about their expectations, reasons for visit, etc. to determine how experience will be best be personalized and customized to exceed their expectations and be most memorable.
- Maintain guest profile records.
- Customize each guest’s experience.
- Support the retail operation which will focus to exemplify our wine country aesthetic and commitment to locally sourced items.
- Support social media accounts with curated content as directed
- Read communication boards, logs, memos prior to beginning shift.
- Pass on vital information to next shift.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, fully stocked and safe work area.
- Practice fiscal responsibility and honesty when maintaining a cashier’s box and tracking commissions and gratuities.
- Liaison between the guest and the spa service provider and/or Spa Attendant, facilitating communication.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate levels of inventory.
- Keep retail display clean, tidy, organized, and items properly labeled and priced.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation and reporting.
- Come to work as scheduled, arriving at work at time listed on schedule.
- Be available to work schedule as requested by Spa Manager including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Use telephone procedures as dictated by Spa Standard Operating Procedure and Forbes standards.
- Maintain a friendly and cooperative attitude toward your fellow team members and guests.
- Respect guest confidentiality.
- Support guest loyalty profiling system to track repeat clientele and build client retention program.
- Support group business as assigned
- Maximize guest’s appointment schedule and ensure proper provider coordination.
- Knowledgeable and able to work all Spa Specialist shifts and procedures including opening, closing and daily tasks.
- Have thorough knowledge of Spa, hotel, property and local specials
- Understand and support our Sustainability Program
- Assist and support Spa Attendants as needed ensuring guest satisfaction in service and esthetically pristine facilities.
- Knowledgeable and willing to cover Spa Attendant position, should the need arise.
- Support Spa team needs and concerns
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe and hygienic work environment.
- Ensure front desk equipment (computers, phones, etc.) is maintained in safe, working condition
- Report maintenance needs to maintenance department.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written English skills with ability to type on a computer and navigate computer programs easily including Spa Soft software.
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Excellent guest service skills
- Ability to accurately compute mathematical calculations.
- High level of organization skills with ability to prioritize assignments.
- Clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to track and follow-through on details.
- Ability to be consistent in job performance and professional attitude.
- CPR Certification – May be obtained after hire.
- 1-2 years luxury service experience in a customer service or sales environment.
- PC experience required, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Spa Specialist position requires excellent communication skills and ability to solve problems quickly and successfully.
- Be accountable and honest at all times.
- Must be able to multi task and maintain graciousness with guests and team members under pressure.
- Excellent phone manner, calm demeanor and keen attention to detail are required.
- Ability to mentor and work well with others.
- The ability to participate in all Spa and Wellness events.
- The ability to assist the Spa Manager in tracking and developing statistical reporting.
- The ability to monitor the scheduling of appointments and balancing of the schedules to provide maximum efficiency, guest service, consistency and profitability for the business.
- The ability to perform and maintain monthly retail inventories.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Maintain departmental focus on profitability through retail sales and cost saving measures.
- The ability to participate in all department meetings and trainings as necessary.
- The ability to monitor the housekeeping standards and mechanical effectiveness of all facilities, report deficiencies as they occur and follow-up.
- The ability to assist the Spa Manager in monitoring all facility and service standards and keep him/her appraised of any operational opportunities.
- The ability to maintain luxury Forbes service standards in the professionalism and presentation of all services, Spa team members, displays and overall attention to detail in all areas of The Spa.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to maintain a safe and hazard free environment for all Spa team members, Spa members and guests and promote safety awareness at all times.
- The ability to receive guest feedback graciously and professionally.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Ability to solve basic printers and fax machines problems
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to document significant events (i.e. guest requests and complaints).
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding people and difficult situations.
- Ability to appreciate the full-cycle of operations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest and Spa information.
- Ability to effectively communicate knowledge of:
- All Hotel, property and Spa features and hours of operation.
- All Hotel and Spa policies and procedures.
- Describe and differentiate the Spa Menu of Services.
- Communicate treatment availability and Wait-list status.
- Current promotions.
- Educate the guest on the benefits and qualities of all retail items.
- Current groups “in-house” and their billing for spa services.
- The surrounding Napa Valley area.
- Serve as a positive role model for Spa team with a can do attitude that promotes positivity and high morale.
- Maintain complete confidentiality concerning Spa team members, contractors, guests and business issues.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Engaging contact with others
- Electronic mail, social media, texting
- Face-to-face discussions
- Always maintain professional conduct with guests.
- Work with team
- Actively look for ways to help people. Identify challenges to smooth operations, make suggestions for improvements and be willing to implement change.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with supervisors and peers
Hotel Villagio & Vintage House offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hotel Villagio and Vintage House are equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
The Estate Yountville
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?