Job Title: Accounting Clerk I (Entry Level)
Department: Accounting, The Erie County Investment Co.
Location: 601 Corporate Circle , Golden, CO, 80401
Pay Scale: Hourly, $13 - $16, depending on experience and skills.
Work Status: Non-Exempt, Monday to Friday, full-time, 40-hour work week, paid overtime.
Summary: The primary responsibilities of the position are bookkeeping and production data entry; organizing and distributing correspondence and other material; record and file maintenance for an established filing system. May perform incidental clerical tasks. This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- General accounting data entry.
- Maintains, in accordance with an established system, a complete set of records to show financial transactions of the organization.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Examines and verifies data, distributes and posts same to proper accounts.
- Maintains cash books, daily journals and ledgers; prepares bank deposits, disbursement vouchers, customer's statements, and/or payroll checks, etc.
- Traces and adjusts errors.
- Takes trial balance at prescribed periods and prepares preliminary financial statement detail for regular audit.
- Prepares preliminary matter and assists with major audits.
- Maintains files and records pertaining to the function.
- Maintains strong banking relationships.
- Access data via the Internet and company network.
- Reviews and completes lease administration accounting requirements including property tax and insurance records.
- Performs other clerical and general office duties as needed, such as filing, scanning, shredding, photocopying, and collating.
- Management of vending basket/daily light cleaning of office kitchen
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Initiative - Strong desire to learn; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Time Management – Able to re-prioritize and shift between multiple tasks when asked.
- Support - Follows procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Technical Skills – Ten-key by touch; at ease with information systems/software.
- Adaptability - Adapts as needed for special projects and/or unique deadlines.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Responsive - Responds to requests for information and assistance.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). 2 years of office/general bookkeeping related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, the Internet and Email systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.