Deputy Executive Director
The Enrichmond Foundation Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Deputy Executive Director will design and implement business strategies while managing all financial, administrative and operational functions including finance, contracts and purchasing This role will also provide support to partner organizations while leading a multidisciplinary team including Cemeteries Operations Manager, Cemeteries Community Ambassador, Family Services Consultant (contractor), and CFO (contractor). This position will also work closely with Enrichmond’s senior leadership team including the Executive Director. The Chief Operating Officer is a part-time position at 30 hours a week, Tuesday through Saturday. The Deputy Executive Director shall serve on behalf of the Executive Director during the Executive Directors absence. Currently no retirement or health related benefits are available. Salary is commensurate with experience.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Process Building (40%):
• Work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) to create a strategic plan and monitor its implementation.
• Manage key performance indicators, track departmental progress and performance, setting standards of accountability and measurements of success.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations, policies, and procedures across the team while ensuring quality and consistency practices to achieve strategic goals.
• Providing on-site guidance and leadership to the cemeteries operations team to ensure adequate planning for weather, seasonal changes, events and holidays.
• Monitor budget and revenue forecast in coordination with Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
• Manage contracts to minimize duplication and maximize cost benefit.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable human resource laws, policies, and procedures.
• Foster positive relationships with local government staff, donors, and partners.
• Provide fiscal stewardship to partner organizations.
• Serve as the primary contact with regard to financial matters on behalf of the Executive Director.
The Enrichmond FoundationWhy Work Here?
Great non-profit with a mission to serve the people, parks and public spaces of the City of Richmond and the surrounding region.
The Enrichmond Foundation is a non-profit organization that works to support parks, recreation, and cultural activities through citizen involvement, education and fundraising in the Greater Richmond region. We partner with local municipalities and various volunteer community groups to raise funds in support of special projects that make the Richmond area a better place to live. This includes the stewardship of two historic African American cemeteries, East End and Evergreen. The foundation has a full time staff of five and relies on additional contractors and volunteers to help carry out its' mission.
1500 E. Franklin StreetRichmond, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Enrichmond Foundation