Case Managers are responsible for coordinating and providing case management, group therapy and biopsychosocial assessment services to patients as well as group, individual and family counseling for patients within the facility. The Case Manager provides development of client resources, vocational counseling, discharge/continuing care planning, and placement of clients. The Case Manager works with the treatment team to plan and coordinate the clients’ progress through the continuum of care.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and enforce The Edge Treatment Center standards, policies and procedures, client rights, and professional code of ethics and conduct.
- Demonstrate knowledge of TAP21 Counselor Competencies.
- Ability to utilize agency comprehensive assessment tools in Alleva (Biopsychosocial, Initial Treatment Plan, and Discharge Planning upon admission).
- Identify and prioritize individual needs and problems of the patient.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive clinical summaries (as seen in Alleva).
- Develop person-centered care plans, including prioritized problem lists, SNAP, client-reported goals, measurable and achievable objectives, and interventions.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions utilizing Evidence Based Practices.
- Document client progress toward treatment plan goals and objectives in SOAP progress notes.
- Prepare effective care level step-down transition notes.
- Develop solid discharge plans and summaries for assigned caseload.
- Prepare clinical documentation accurately and within agency time frames.
- Intervene during crisis intervention situations.
- Cooperate with health insurance clinical utilization reviews. Provide daily Progress Notes and detailed Clinical Notes to assist with UR’s.
- Participate in weekly Clinical Treatment team meetings with other team members as needs.
- Participate in the agency’s Orientation training, staff meetings, and in-service training.
- Provide accurate assessment and referral when appropriate. Provide information to Probation Officers, Lawyers and Spouses/Family Members on the client’s behalf.
- Provide appropriate treatment interventions relative to the specific needs of each client.
- Provide for discharge planning, contacting referring agency as needed.
- Adhere to code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice professional standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and procedures, and exercise professionalism an all times
- Exercise awareness in cultural competency, client satisfaction, quality of services, client needs and overall health and safety staff and clients.
- Ability to perform duties as a counselor/therapist according to TAP21 “Addiction Counseling Competencies” with respect to screening, assessment, individualized treatment planning, crisis intervention, group and individual counseling, case management, referral, discharge summaries, clinical documentation, and professional ethics.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with subordinate staff, supervisors, utilization review, manage health care clinicians, medical and mental health professional.
- Ability to positively interact with and develop rapport with clients and their families.
- Desire to assist those with chemical dependency in their recovery.
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certification
- Minimum CADC I
- Preferred AA or Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in the Human Services or Behavioral Health.
- 2 years’ experience in the field of recovery or equivalent human services work experience preferred.
- Computer Literacy in doc, spreadsheet, and email.
- Proficiency in Kipu Systems Client Management Software
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- CPR/First AID
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling Credential
- Minimum CADCI or equivalent required.
- Negative TB test results within past year
- Medical Clearance to work within past year
- Ability to lift/carry 20lbs
- Moderate frequency of computer keyboarding
- Moderate frequency of viewing a computer monitor
Work is performed during day and evening shifts. Work is periodically performed in emergency and stressful situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate in other situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
The Edge Treatment Center
Santa Ana, CA