Summary & Reports to:
The Edge Fitness Club’s front desk is the hub where all of the day’s business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants are stationed. It’s the area members approach when they need help or want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and follow The Edge’s mission statement.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Brings The Edge culture to life by ensuring each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying “hello” and “goodbye”, while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Proactively manages and resolves all member concerns and complaints that are brought forward. Maintains detailed communication related to the issues and complaints in Datatrak. Escalates any serious concerns and complaints to the GM.
- Provides exceptional customer service to retail operations (shake bar & pro-shop and juice bar items).
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile, answering member questions or transitioning a prospect’s telephone inquiry over to a Membership Advisor.
- Effectively schedules, cancels or reschedules personal training appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the clubs daily revenue goals and helps drive the business, not babysit the business.
- Strives to continuously improve the member experience, revenues and retention rates.
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell product.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the club.
- Set and attain all personal and professional monthly generating dollar goals.
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar, retail area and in the coolers.
- Assists the Membership Team in signing prospects in as “guests” when visiting the facility.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout shift.
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all company policies and club standards.
- Contributes to creating a culture and environment consistent with company values and standards for employees and members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Team-Work
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- A strong focus on the customer/client.
- Related industry experience preferred (i.e. retail, hospitality, leisure, fitness, etc.).
- Great communication skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 200 lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel locally infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part time or full-time position with varied hours based on the needs of the business.
Benefits: (For a Full-Time Employee)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full-time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.