JOB SUMMARY: Looking for a dynamic, powerful individula to join an innovative and thriving Healthcare Organization. For this position, you need to have drive, discipline, and grit with a side of hustle and passion in accounting and numbers. You must have healthcare experience. As Controller you will provide leadership and direction to support the ongoing financial operation of the business and support its growth, business development, and strategic initiatives.
Take Full ownership of the Finance Department and oversight of the accounting staff and love what you're doing!
- Strategy, Planning, Budgeting and Management
- Assess financial performance with regard to long term goals and budgets.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Prepare and present financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by department, forecast vs. budget by department, and cash flow by department.
- Develop and maintain an operating budget; annual company operating budget and manage third-party preparers as needed.
- Oversee the preparation, reporting, and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Work with external auditors, internal controls to better develop operational strategies.
Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience implementing policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate to foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company. Experience in the medical field necessary.
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Accounting; a graduate level degree such as an MBA is preferred. CPA is mandatory. At least five years employed in a management role in healthcare finance department.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in working in complex operational and support functions required; experience in Healthcare and Finance.
- Requires strength in analytical and financial skills.
- Requires strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Requires advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential duties required to lead the Finance Department.
- Demonstrates consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries.
- Demonstrates presentation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of basic wage and hour laws, federal, state, and local laws and regulations, Medicare and legislation affecting employment.
- Ability to understand key financial, clinical, and operational drivers affecting to organization.
- Ability to create, refine and manage new business processes.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- Ability to plan and execute projects that impact mission, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives.
- Ability, willingness, and desire to supervise with an aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance; ability to foster a positive work environment.
- Ability to maintain open and clear communication, not only with Fiance and the Revenue Cycle Department but all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to utilize technology and all peripherals as needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person to make presentations clear and effective.
- Ability to analyze the short- and long-term needs of the organization.
- Combination of sitting, standing, bending, light lifting and walking.
- Requires a full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Requires the ability to manage stressful situations.
- Occasional stress from varying demands.
- Travel to other clinics for training, continuous education, etc., as needed.
- Attendance and presentation at weekly Executive staff meetings.
- Attendance and presentation at staff meetings and quarterly company-wide meetings.
- Attendance, presentation and implementation at training sessions.
- Extended hours may be required based on projects, deadlines, and unforeseen circumstances.
- Adherence to practice policies, procedures and protocol.
This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.