This an internship for a motivated and trustworthy individual with an accounting background, in a finance program in school or a recent graduate, or someone who is looking to get back into the accounting world. This is an ideal position for someone working towards their CPA and wants hands-on training in a growing healthcare company.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing the Controller of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Working with bookkeeping software (Excel and QuickBooks).
- Assisting the Accounts Payable department as needed.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting/Finance.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.