General Property Manager (Hotel or Luxury Residential Exp) $50K Bonus
The Dubin Group Merion, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Large Multi-Family Luxury Residential Real Estate Firm is looking for a FULL TIME General/Area Property Manager for their Philadelphia area location!
▪ Extensive Luxury Residential General or Area Luxury Property Management experience
▪ 5 Star Hotel and Casino Directors Welcome to Apply
▪ Proven background managing Assistant Property Managers, Leasing Agents, Maintenance Staff, Concierge, and others
▪ High-level professional who is responsible for overseeing large property making all final decisions
▪ Willingness to do whatever it takes to get job done including working long hours including some nights and weekends
▪ Maintain accurate records of all transactions including but not limited to, rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.
▪ Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
▪ Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in the bank on a daily basis.
▪ Prepare necessary legal documentation for evictions in accordance with City, State, and Company guidelines.
▪ Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
▪ Ensure that A/P invoices are processed for payment on at least a weekly basis.
▪ Responsible for petty cash accounting.
▪ Ensure apartments are leased at established rental rate and occupancy levels.
▪ Utilize marketing strategies to best obtain prospective residents.
▪ Confirm that leasing staff gathers information about market competition in the area.
▪ Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
▪ Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software system accurately and on a timely basis.
▪ Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
▪ Handle resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction
▪ Develop and/or implement resident retention programs
▪ Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
▪ Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel
The Dubin GroupWhy Work Here?
Rapidly expanding organization seeks a Diamond in The Rough!