Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Line Leader in Carrollton, KY.
The Line Leader is vital to supporting the Carrollton 1201 Down Pack Operation. This position is key to maintaining a high level of safety, productivity, and profitability for the Carrollton packaging operation. The Line Leader will direct activates specific to their line of operation. The Leader is the line expert and coordinates resources to ensure maximum safety and productivity.
- Coordinate and adjust to staffing changes.
- Monitor for equipment and product upsets. Trouble shoot and resolve issues.
- Train employees as needed.
- Communicate production progress and issues.
- Forecast resource and material needs to maximize production.
- Must be flexible in work assignments.
- Capable of fulfilling all equipment operator roles.
- Capable of performing material movements in SAP.
- The individual in this environment often works at a fast pace with minimum to moderate supervision. The requirements of the business may cause frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Complete multiple tasks and see them through completion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Housekeeping and 5S management of working areas
- Documentation of production progress and issues.
- Operate fork truck.
- Ship and receive finished goods and packaging components.
- Manual down pack of bulk goods.
- 1 or more years of experience in a manufacturing role.
- Willing and able to work a 4-10 shift schedule (Monday - Thursday).
- Solid math skills.
- Proficient in computer programs with the ability to learn new systems as necessary.
- Work independently, with excellent time management and judgment in prioritization skills.
- React rapidly to evolving issues and dynamic scheduling situations with utmost discretion.
- Collaborate effectively in team, department, or other work group situations.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to policies/practices that minimize the potential for product.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Proven record of safety and hazard awareness.
- Demonstrated skills in: leadership, initiative, good facilitative behaviors (including teamwork, flexibility and support),
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong decision making/judgment capabilities.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
- Able to work in a non-air conditioned plant/facility.
- Previous experience operating a fork truck.
- Piece-mill work experience.
- Packaging experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines one of the broadest technology sets in the industry with asset integration, focused innovation and global scale to achieve profitable growth and become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow's portfolio of performance materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for our customers in high-growth segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 113 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,000 people. Dow delivered pro forma sales of approximately $50 billion in 2018. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.