Senior System Administrator
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and procedures.
- Responsible for staying abreast of the latest changes and developments related to IT systems and security. Document findings, establish designs and provide recommendations for related items.
- Develop plans for testing new technology concepts and work closely with the Engineering team to evaluate new technologies as necessary to meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders and senior engineers to define requirements and work through high level technical solutions.
- Define and maintain target architectures for key business systems and define projects to bring existing systems into compliance.
- Provide direction on frameworks and technologies to technical teams to use when translating business requirements in technical specifications.
- Support the Service Coordinator in overseeing task assignments with specific responsibility to ensuring all technical matters, tickets and projects run smoothly and as planned.
- Serve as contributor for any key corporate initiative as necessary to include planned and unplanned strategic goals.
- Research and evaluate networking technologies for customer projects determining applicability and compliance with stated requirements and existing or planned network infrastructure.
- Assist Engineering department with general engineering duties on assigned projects & T3 support.
- Act as a positive influence, mentor, and guide for all employees.
- Prepare each Technician's Quarterly Review including their new Quarterly Goals
- Plan and, if possible, schedule any training for the technicians.
- Act as escalation point and Tier 3 support when needed.
- Assist with customer CIO level planning and new customer onboarding.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports infrastructure.
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Maintain system standards.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/TCPIP technologies such as EPL/E-LAN/MPLS/BGP
- Manage VMWare virtual networking (vSwitches/dvSwitches/VMKernel)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain and monitor equipment.
- Perform other duties are assigned by management
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Systems Administrator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Multiple locations (Irvine, Santa Ana, Mission Viejo)
- Monday to Friday and
- On call
The Dot Corporation
Why Work Here?Founded in 1980 in Southern California, The Dot Corp, is a solution provider, specializing in the area of fulfillment and distribution services, direct mail and print services. Privately owned with three locations in Southern California serving clients in the US, Canada and Japan. It is a very entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to take risk and initiative to benefit the team and our clients.
Entrepreneurial environment, great team, and lots of room to grow.