Help Desk I - Wausau
The Help Desk I with The Dirks Group will provide primarily remote desktop support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issue(s), troubleshoot over the phone and via remote log-in, and escalate problems to Level 2 support when appropriate. You will multi-task to support a variety of network and end-user environments with executives, business owners, managers, and end users. You must demonstrate superior communication skills to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs while recognizing they are looking for solutions, not technical explanations. You will also perform service and preventative maintenance activities on products and assists in installations and deliveries. Other projects may be assigned.
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and support our users' computers.
- Identify, document, and troubleshoot users computing issues to resolution while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Utilize PSA, RMM, and other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver onsite and remote user support services.
- Update service order information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Develop and Maintain Relationships with customers that further enhance the company's positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Participate in ongoing training and attainment of various manufacturer and software certifications.
- Develop personal skills to work efficiently both, individually and as a member of the Service Department.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities.
PIECE OF THE TDG PUZZLE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values and Competencies.
- Integrity- Everywhere, All the Time
- Humble - Confidence
- Fostering Friendships with Clients and Coworkers
- Growth as Individuals and as a Company
- Business Ethics - Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
- Communications - Express thoughts clearly in written form; articulate verbal thoughts understandably; demonstrate active listening skills; comprehend information heard; use appropriate communication methods; keep others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintain calm under pressure; encourage respectful dialogue; confront difficult situations without bias; act withing realistic timeframe for resolution; resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follow through as promised; confirm people know each other's expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; change decisions rarely.
- Do More with Less - Save money without lowering quality of service; perform within approved budget; conserve the company's and customer's resources; develop profitable new revenue streams; identify new ways to lower costs; identify efficiencies.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; plan and utilize time efficiently; respond to changing customer needs; resolve conflicts to deliver on schedule; complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identify problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; resolve problems in early stages; work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Contribute to a positive team effort; balance team and individual responsibilities; listen attentively and openly to others' views; give sincerely accept feedback; help the team stay focused on key objectives; resolve team conflict before it escalates; place the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipate problems; demonstrate critical thinking skills; communicate with customers as promised; use diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identify, test, and implement logical solutions; follow the company's troubleshooting procedures.
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning - Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; accept and implement new technology concepts and methods according to company standards and approval processes; question and resolve inconsistencies in work according to company standard operating procedures; achieve training as required.
Always do the right thing
It is impossible to list all the skills and qualifications that an individual will need to efficiently perform in this position, but we have listed general skills and qualifications that individuals should have or should be striving to achieve to be qualified for this position.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in supporting Windows & MAC Operating Systems.
- Experience supporting Office 365 & Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe, Active Directory, Backup, Endpoint protection tools, Line of business apps, Mobile devices, and other standard business application support.
- Basic Server support skills and understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with Firewall, Switch and Network Architecture and troubleshooting procedures.
- License & Registrations
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of automobile insurance required
- Reliable and suitable transportation that can be used as required to perform job duties, such as a car, SUV, pickup, or minivan.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- Should enjoy learning new things
The Dirks GroupWausau, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.