Opticlal Coatings Tech
Temp to hire !
Clear Align is looking for a full time Principal Coating Technician to join our rapidly-growing team. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers.
Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position with Clear Align may be the perfect fit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES including the following:
- Support the thin-film coating operation with both equipment and process expertise
- Real-time troubleshooting of coating issues as well as off-line projects
- Support metrology of coated product with spectrophotometers, interferometers and roughness tools
- Support glass handling, cleaning and inspection operations
- Provide support to the coating lab: bead blasting, clean room housekeeping, data collection
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to improve process and equipment reliability
- Directs and/or performs various phases of optical work according to the blueprints, specifications, sketches, and instructions in the ERP System
- Update production records in the ERP System in a timely fashion
- Completes work order documentation describing jobs performed and enters time spent for each job promptly
- Manage equipment performing preventive maintenance as required
- Maintain clean equipment and work area in line with a lean manufacturing operation
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- Direct experience with ion sources and electron guns;
- Direct experience with the handling, processing, and cleaning of optical-quality glass substrates and coatings;
- Experience using optical measurement systems as applied to thin film coatings, such as spectrophotometers, interferometers, and microscopes, is essential;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS office with the ability to analyze data
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shift hours including potentially nights, weekends or overtime
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience with high-vacuum deposition and an associated degree, or 5+ years
- relevant experience
- Formal electronics and vacuum training desirable
- Experience with facility systems, including HVAC, compressed air, and chilled-water systems a plus
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.