Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains plant financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted
accounting principles, in support of regulatory agencies, and Company policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. Track and analyze expenditures providing an explanation of variance between actuals and budget.
b. Provide monthly forecast report depicting YTD expenditures by cost code, dollars committed by cost code and year end forecast.
c. Processing all invoices with proper accounting cost codes using Maximo software.
d. Providing monthly inventory value report to Owners using Maximo software.
e. Provide monthly expenditure report to plant management using Great Plains financial software.
2. Works closely with accounting departments and maintains a good working relationship.
3. Prepares routine financial statements and other required reports for Company Operations, and regulatory agencies.
4. Performs annual cost forcasting for submittal into the annual budget.
5. Establishes and monitors administrative procedures (purchasing, inventory control, etc.) for the Facility.
6. Oversees and monitors purchasing and warehousing at the Facility including working with team members on ensuring parts are properly indentified, properly shelved and kept clean.
7. Coordinates solicitation of competitive bids for parts, materials, and services. Participates in the selection process of the winning bid.
8. Provides accounting advice and counsel to the Plant Manager.
9. Become familiar with Gas Turbine technology and nomenclature.
10. Assists Company in the preparation of annual operating budgets and updates, forecast of operations (on both a cash and accrual basis) and long-range forecasts.
11. Comply with the Facility Environmental, Health and Safety program.
12. Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to company guidelines.
1. Works in concert with the Plant Manager to identify, analyze and justify equipment modifications and capital expenditures to reduce cost, improve production, improve efficiency and improve system and equipment reliability and availability.
2. Participates in community activities so as to maintain good facilities and community relations.
3. Works in concert with the management team to assure excellence in customer service.
4. Adheres to company policies, standards and procedures and promotes company mission statement.
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
6. Available for travel as needed. Estimate 5- 10% travel.
7. Demonstrates professionalism in all activities and encourage personnel within the department to do the same.8. Forklift experience preferred.
Works under limited supervision in a team environment. Establishes priorities for facilities office and warehouse administration and determines proper cost accounting treatment. Involves frequent contact with all levels of employees through senior management as well as outside business partners such as vendor, supplies, and contractors.
Minimum Education/Experience –
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or the equivalent in training and experience. Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience demonstrating a working knowledge of accounting principles and practices as well as a minimum of 2 years effective supervisory skills.
Required Credentials and/or Designations – Driver’s License.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Proficiency with personal computers and application software to include a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Two or more year’s experience in procurement of materials, equipment and supplies preferred. Demonstrated experience indicating effective communication skills, analytic ability, detail orientation, and ability to make decisions and meet deadlines. Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting and frequently apply a moderate amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two or more year’s experience in procurement of materials, equipment and supplies preferred.