Principal Architectural Historian
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Additional Locations: n/a
Primary Locations: VA, Gainesville, 5300 Wellington Branch Drive, Suite 100, 20155
Requisition ID: 177223
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, is seeking qualified applicants to fill a full-time permanent Principal Architectural Historian position in our Northern Virginia office. The pay rate for this position is competitive and dependent on experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and/or management of architectural projects including reconnaissance and evaluation surveys
- Planning and budgeting architectural history projects and preparing technical and cost proposals
- Coordination with local, state, and federal agency staff and clients under the direction of project managers
- Monitoring and ensuring work quality and adherence to schedule and budget for diverse architectural history projects from field survey to report production
- Researching, writing, compiling, and editing cultural resource management reports
Minimum qualifications include:
- An advanced degree in Architectural History, or a closely related field and at least three (3) year of experience as a Principal Architectural Historian
- Applied knowledge of federal, state, and local cultural resource laws and regulations
- Willingness to travel (per diem and lodging will be provided on projects more than approximately 90 miles from the office)
- Physical ability to perform rigorous fieldwork in all settings and weather conditions
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with architectural resources and cultural history of the Mid-Atlantic region
- Experience preparing National Register nominations and HABS/HAER/HALS documentation
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on exchanging ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of natural and cultural resource consulting services and is based in Gainesville, Va. The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Tree Expert CompanyGainesville, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.