We are offering an exciting opportunity to become a team member of a fast growing, family owned manufacturing company that offers great benefits and a challenging and rewarding learning environment with great advancement opportunities. You’ll be immersed in diverse projects that keep you challenged every day, as well as surrounded by a team who share your passion and dedication. In addition, our fast-paced environment will give you an opportunity to learn something new every day. If you are a motivated team player and eager to make an impact within our company and the aerospace industry, please apply and come help us make things fly!
The Danner Corporation is a progressive manufacturing and engineering firm specializing in advanced technology for the development and manufacture of composite systems and structures
Located in Auburn, Washington, our modern facility offers the latest in tooling, component design and production techniques compatible with industry demands.
The Danner Corporation, with over 60 years’ experience in fiber resin and metal bonding systems, provides the foundation for effective operations and advanced technical concepts with a commitment to excellence and quality.
We are dedicated to:
· Customer Satisfaction
- Competitive pay with Annual performance evaluations.
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday Leave.
- 100% Employer paid Medical and Dental benefits for employees.
- 401(k) Retirement Program with partial matching contributions.
- Section 125 Flexible Benefits Plan: FSA/Childcare/Dependent Premium plan.
7:30am - 4:00pm / Monday - Friday
A shipping and receiving clerk’s job is to ensure that they pick up the right orders, pack them safely, check received goods for accuracy and ensure that the general incomings and outgoings within a warehouse are handled efficiently under direct supervision. Working as a shipping and receiving clerk will require you to be on your toes all the time. You will have to spend hours on your feet as you will be working in a large warehouse.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR POSITION
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Forklift Certification: Skilled in operating forklifts and pallet jacks
- Experience with tools/Power tools
- Computer experience desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb ladders/stairs, twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach, and push objects for long periods of time
- Must be able to manipulate hands, fingers and feet for writing and driving machinery
- Must be able to communicate safely and receive instruction, Talking/Hearing/Seeing
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Must be able to operate machinery and tools/power tools such as Forklifts, pallet bander, drill, pallet jack, box cutter knife, utility knife, hand truck, pneumatic staple gun, and weigh scale
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the particular field
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- elf-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor
- Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges and space availability
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Records damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Look through work orders to determine order picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions provided
- Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity
- Operate forklifts to pick heavy boxes and transport them to checking areas
- Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly
- Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Arrange for a carrier vehicle or pickup
- Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
- Post weight and shipment charges
- Maintain files of shipping records
- Trace missing or lost shipments
- Assemble wood and cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled containers
- Route products to departments
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
- Other duties as assigned