Chief Financial Officer
- Expired: August 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Daily Wire seeks a seasoned Chief Financial Officer with previous experience running all financial aspects of an established media or subscription-based company to join our Executive team in Nashville, Tennessee. In this crucial Executive position, the CFO will oversee all financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for Daily Wire. Qualified candidates have at least eight years of experience in a similar role and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth-mode work environment that requires exceptional agility, self-motivation, and strategic problem-solving skills. If you've got what it takes to excel in this critical position, we look forward to speaking with you!
- Execute the company's financial strategy
- Leading all financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for the company
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Develop plans for growth to increase company profit while also reducing expenditure
- Share information with Executive team to ensure they are kept up-to-date on activities, condition of the organization, and important factors influencing it
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning
- Review planning process and suggest improvements to current methods
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Oversee assigned departments including but not limited to Accounting, FP&A, and Ad Development
- Establish and develop relations with the Executive team and external partners
- Manage financial negotiations on behalf on the organization
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action
- Assure all required legal and regulatory documents are properly filed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Requirements:
- Nashville, TN -based position (working remotely is not an option)
- 8-10 years previous professional experience in financial management required
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required
- Previous relevant experience within an established media or subscription-based organization required
- Strong financial and accounting background, including a expert-level understanding of profit and loss, balance sheets, cash flow management, and corporate structure
- Previous professional Executive experience preferred
- Proven negotiation skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively delegate and maintain and "big picture" strategic view
- Self-motivated with goal-oriented approach to managing responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
Reports to: Co-CEOs
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full-time; In-office (not remote); Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Daily Wire, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire Facebook
Daily Wire YouTube
Daily Wire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Daily Wire participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Daily Wire
Get fresh CFO jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.