IT Project Manager - On-Site
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
W-2 or 1099
Normal day to day required On-Site, with some flexibility for telecommuting
Duration: 12 month contract, with possible extension
COVID VACCINATIONS REQUIRED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
No C2C, visa transfers, or sponsorship
Our client is seeking a IT Project Manager who will oversee the management of a District-wide effort to supporting District of Columbia government’s critical I.T. systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical project planning, project management that adheres to best practices; and will ensure that the project is completed on-time, within scope and budget; and produces an extremely high quality of deliverables. They will act as the project management technical lead and will work with OCTO programs, project team engineering staff, and District agency officials to ensure that technical solutions in support of the D project are properly delivered. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project management including all project resources, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
• Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information.
• Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to solution
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all staff levels.
• Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents (both functional and technical), building functional models,
developing procedures, developing functional and technical architectures.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team members.
• Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to project goals and
• Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to ensure project completion.
• Exercises excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to interact professionally with a
diverse group; software developers, DBAs, network engineers, agency business and technical owners, SME’s and
senior executive management.
• Effectively manages scope throughout the project duration.
• Maintains accurate project schedules, financial burn rates, change management, project plans, and status reports.
• Will convey a high level of understanding in the areas of software application programming, database and system
• Will resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
• Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; works with responsible owners to address the items
on a timely basis; and update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
1. Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex, and inter- related project tasks.
2. Manages teams of contract Support Personnel at multiple locations.
3. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
4. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
· Project Management Enterprise: 16 years (Required)
· Business Process Mapping: 10 years (Highly desired)
· Quality Management Methods: 15 years (Required)
· Managing Project Teams: 10 years (Required)
· Business Impact Analysis: 5 years (Required)
· Planning /coordinating/compliance/processes for project activities: 10 years (Required)
· Microsoft suite of tools and Viso, PPM, Jira: 5 years (Required)
· Risk Management: 10 years (Required)
· SDLC/Hybrid Agile: 10 years (Required)
· Progressive Consulting Leadership Role: 10 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Team oriented—cooperative and collaborative
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
• High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
The DNA Group maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action/ Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer
The DNA group
Get fresh IT Project Manager Telecommute jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.