This position is located in Millersville, MD, USA
The DEI Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Marine Engineer, with a background in maintenance management, machine operation, and equipment reliability analysis. Individuals will work as part of a project team and will interface directly with client personnel, so good communication skills are a must. Projects include fixed and rotating ship-board machinery failure mode analysis, development of maintenance strategies, and standard job plans using FMEA/RCM processes, involving both Preventive as well as Predictive Maintenance approaches using online diagnostic and prognostic systems, and the implementation of processes to support Condition Based Maintenance programs. A specific focus area will be the power generation and distribution network, including controllers. This position will require the successful candidate to use reliability centered maintenance analysis to identify improvements to asset management practices and maintenance job plans, after investigating operational and equipment maintenance problems, current practices, and metrics-based target objectives for clients.
- To qualify for this exciting position, you must possess at least a BS degree in Marine Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience at sea.
- A Masters Degree is preferred.
- You must have a good practical understanding of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution processes, strong reliability engineering skills, analytical ability, innovation, functional and technical skills related to marine equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of rotating equipment operational and failure behaviors (motor driven equipment, turbines, compressors, internal combustion engines)
- Knowledge of Engineering codes and standards.
The DEI GROUP
Why Work Here?With over 30 years experience in the field of condition monitoring, diagnostic technology, and maintenance process improvement applications to asset life cycle management, The DEI Group provides Predictive Risk Based Solutions that are focused on helping clients We value the importance of working in partnership with our clients, to understand the challenges that they face and to deliver solutions that will help them reach their business objectives. The DEI Group provides not only the technology solution and the integration expertise, but also the training and start-up services required for the effective implementation of technology based solutions.
The DEI Group, Maryland, is the leader in providing web based predictive analytics diagnostics and prognostics