Executive Director for Motorcycle Organization
The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $58,000 Yearly
About the Position:
The Executive Director of The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan works with the Board of Governors (BOG) to provide leadership and direction in support of the mission and vision of the CCC and the continued growth of the organization. This full-time position leads a coalition of volunteers dedicated to advancing off-road vehicle (ORV) recreation in Michigan.
Executive Director Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
- Manages key strategic relationships with leadership and operatives within the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, United States Forest Service, NOHVCC, state and local governments and various industry organizations.
- Oversees all aspects of fundraising, including membership generation and the application for and administration of all applicable grant monies.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s operations and financial results to the Board of Governors.
- Prepares timely and accurate analyses that capture and communicate membership results, variances and trends.
- Retains a qualified staff, recruits volunteers and provides leadership to ensure appropriate support of all club interests and functions.
- Develops and maintains relationships with donors, partner organizations and agencies.
- Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, quarterly reviews and periodic forecasts.
- Oversees the planning, coordination and execution of all details associated with the annual Michael R, Burlingham Memorial Six Days of Michigan (SDM).
- Represents the CCC at various industry and community events.
- Accountable to and reports to the President of the Board of Governors of the CCC.
Executive Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership, written and verbal communications and management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Works independently – often from home
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Flexible, organized and collaborative
- Willingness to travel, including some weekends and holidays
Preferred Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- Five or more years of non-profit management experience.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Hands-on motorcycle enthusiast with a strong background in ORV recreation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter along with their current resume to The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan Board of Governors President Steve Smalla at email@example.com
The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan
The Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan (CCC) is a 501 (c)(4) non-profit organization committed to the conservation of our wild lands while promoting the sport of off-road motorcycling. A family-focused club, the CCC is the leading regional advocate for off-road riders on issues of land access, trail construction and maintenance and responsible motorized recreation.