- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Our mission is contemporary person-centric wellness senior living, designed for the next generation. A customized, curated, and organic approach to wellness inspires everything we do. All members of our communities – residents, their family members, and team members – help make our communities what they are.
Each and every member of our team is committed to developing progressive yet approachable communities to support the needs of all future generations. We want to transform healthcare infrastructure so that people can not only age well but live well and THRIVE. Apply now.
The Current Weymouth will offer 91 independent living apartments, 48 assisted living apartments, and 26 memory care apartments, with a neighborhood atmosphere and maintenance-free lifestyle. It's located near South Shore Hospital and directly across from the South Weymouth Train Station, offering easy access for team members, and residents’ families and friends.Job Description
The Maintenance Tech aids in maintaining the community to be a safe, clean, and comfortable environment by conducting routine maintenance and repairs inside and outside the community, installing and servicing equipment, and preparing apartments for resident move-ins. This is a non-exempt, hourly position reporting to the Maintenance Director.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interacts and engages with residents with respect and confidentiality
- Responds to maintenance service requests from residents and staff; performs required work or advises supervisor of additional resources needed to complete the job
- Performs general maintenance work (light electrical, painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Continuously monitors all areas of the building, grounds, and equipment to ensure they are properly maintained
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep tasks throughout the community
- Ensures proper handling, storage, and maintenance of potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment; maintains proper documentation and SDS logs as required by OSHA.
- Maintains updated knowledge of the Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Assists Maintenance Director with monthly Emergency Drills
- Assist with evacuating residents in the event of an emergency
- Participates in and attends all in-service training as scheduled
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations, as well as community policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year hands-on maintenance or related experience
- Knowledgeable of maintenance and housekeeping practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing maintenance functions in the community
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often required to stand, walk, sit, use fine and gross motor skills, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and smell.
- An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weight in up to 50 lbs. Intermittent physical activity includes lifting and supporting residents. The associate must use proper body mechanics.
Valuing a connection to the community, we are creating a pedestrian-friendly front plaza which will offer art fairs, farmers markets, and festivals. Monarch believes its buildings serve residents, their families, and the Monarch team members. Therefore, they have created a team member and resident co-working space; art, creative, and performance spaces; and the WELL center (fitness, yoga, spa, and a fully-stocked juice bar) which can be used by all.
Additional Benefits for Full-time Team Members:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical Coverage
- Health Advocacy
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Ancillary Benefits (Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability)
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement and Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Supportive Leadership
- Referral Bonuses
- And More!
COVID-19 vaccination, or qualified exemption, required.
The Current WeymouthWeymouth, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.