We have immediate need for a Education Construction Superintendent to oversee, manage and direct all aspects of a project from beginning to end.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing schedules, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Completely understand projects floor plans, fixture placement, blue prints, and construction codes as affected by local and state ordinances
- Previous experience pulling permits would be beneficial
- Reviews scope of work for contracts and PO's issued
- Essential Functions include ability to effectively lead subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Coordinate all construction, subcontractor services and activities within a fully operational retail store environment.
- Safely Schedule all construction activities.
- Maintain strict build-out construction schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Meet with owners onsite representatives and retail store teams to discuss renovation specifications and improvements.
- Mediate between landlords and tenants to find workable solutions that appeal to both parties.
- Manage estimates and budgets for retail renovation projects including labor, supplies, materials and
other ancillary costs.
- Drive cost-effective project management techniques and strategies in the field.
- Must work closely with Project Manager & Coordinator to assure all Change Orders and RFIs are kept up with and distributed in a timely manner
- Provide project managers timely evaluations of field employees and subs upon completion of projects
- Work with Pre-construction and Project Management to hire and assign construction labor and trade work to each project.
- Maintain a daily job site log and safety logs within Procore Construction Management System.
- Educate clients on aesthetic and practical choices for retail renovations.
- Procore or similar construction management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Assistant or Project Superintendent in the construction industry.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial retail tenant improvement construction preferred.
- Ability to travel for projects up to 3 months in duration at 2 week intervals, not required but a plus for immediate placement
- Ability to work overnights in fully-operational retail environments a plus for immediate placement
- Proven track record of experience in leading commercial projects in the field.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Certified.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software.
- Advanced carpentry skills and basic knowledge of refrigeration systems, including some troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to schedule construction project in Microsoft Project, Primavera, or similar schedule
software from preconstruction to turnover.
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets.
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be comfortable standing, climbing, and walking for the majority of the time
- Must be comfortable walking in air-conditioned and non air-conditioned areas
The Crowther Group
Why Work Here?The Crowther Group is a Commercial General Contractor specializing in fast track projects. Headquartered in North Texas, our teams bring over 80 years of experience working with the best consultants and subcontractors available to get our clients the highest quality projects for the best price.
Growing firm with lots of opportunity for advancement!