Overall, a successful Communications Director at The Crossing will love using creative communication to reach new people, improve engagement and expand the reach of The Crossing Church. The Comm Director is responsible, under the Creative Arts Pastor, for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy, encompassing the church's vision, values objectives and goals.
They will have a huge desire to engage people who are not sure how they feel about Jesus yet and those who have loved Him for years. They will be unafraid to try new things and pull from the best industry standards. They will love collaboration, be a great writer and have a high-end understanding of engaging visuals and storytelling. They will be adept at recruiting team members and be able to train them and equip them for service. They will promote a humble, healthy, hard-working team dynamic.
- Design and execute internal and external communication strategies with the Creative Arts Pastor
- Develop and execute communication plans that meet the moment and move the overall strategy of The Crossing forward
- Work with the Creative Arts Team and other staff to create content
- Distribute content across social media, email, website, app, print and more
- Clarify and measure the targets for each plan
- Create content that follows the communication strategy while understanding that all communication is pastoral
- Create highly engaging content that prompts emotion, action and connection
- Follow up with digital/online connections with the same passion as in-person
- Develop a system for collecting and communicating engaging stories from around The Crossing Church
- Build, disciple and encourage the volunteer Comm Team
- Connect regularly with team members
- Care for the spiritual and leadership development of team members
- Oversee all aspects of Communication Distribution
- Responsible for smooth execution across chosen platforms; including, but not limited to The Crossing CM app, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram Email
- Develop and maintain consistent training (both staff and volunteers) and operating procedures; establishing clear standards, guidelines, efficient work flow
- Manage the annual Mar/Comm budget
- Participate in all staff events and coordinate with all CA staff
- Participate in creating a culture of excellence, welcome and connection
- Care for the spiritual health of church attenders and volunteers
- Get to know new, unchurched people and invite them to The Crossing and CA team
- Skills: organized, strategic, forward-thinking, great writer, communicator and problem solver, team player, able to design graphics at an intermediate level and also work well with other graphic designers to reach desired look. Proficient and comfortable with all social media platforms, video and graphic creation and print requirements. Easily able to keep up with new technology and incorporate it into the strategy. Ability to see the "whole picture" not just their one area
- Values: passion for reaching people who've never gone to church and are new to Christianity. Motivated to use different kinds of images, video, language and more to create content that reaches new people and refreshes committed attendees. Very aware of pop culture and enjoy leveraging it to bring people closer to God. Creative and risk-taking. Team-builder. Honors all kinds of people. Loves being behind the scenes and encouraging others. Whole-heartedly supports and models the mission and vision and values of The Crossing.
The Crossing Church
Why Work Here?
You will be joining an awesome team of people who want to make a difference in the lives of others!
Costa Mesa, CA