The Cove School
Classroom Instructional Assistant/Paraprofessional -- Elementary (K-6)
2019-2020 School Year
Education: Bachelors in education or related field, and hold or be eligible for a State of Illinois paraprofessional, substitute, or teaching license (LBS1 preferred), with experience working with students with learning disabilities.
The position of the instructional assistant is designed to serve individual and groups of students in the classroom and throughout the building site.
I. Professional Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good attendance and be on time each day.
- Display a positive and collaborative nature when working with staff.
- Encourage a positive learning environment in each setting with the school.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Defer decision-making and questions from parents to the supervising teacher or an administrator.
- Contribute to the Cove community by attending school events when possible.
II. Instructional Responsibilities
- Be conscientious in regard to daily schedule and student assignments.
- Display problem-solving skills and flexibility when instructional methods or materials need adaptations.
- Demonstrate initiative when various students or other staff members need help.
- Be engaged in all classroom activities.
- Follow teacher direction.
- Make appropriate suggestions to promote student achievement.