We have a new and exciting opportunity to serve as an Executive Director within the Courtyard Senior Living organization! If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and desire to work for a company who truly cares about the people it serves – apply now!
At The Courtyards Senior Living, our residents and their families are our family; and as such, we take great pride in providing superior, compassionate care services and support. Our approach is shaped by the Eden Alternative; we strive to eliminate Loneliness, Helplessness & Boredom in each of our Resident’s lives. Our communities are more than just a place to live, they are a home.
About the role…
The Executive Director (ED) is the heart of the community – the person who is responsible for running a successful community, but who also truly understands the importance of leadership, dedication, and putting the needs of the residents and community staff first.
As the ED, you will be responsible for all operations of the community and programs. You will be a resident advocate, ensuring the delivery of quality nursing care while supporting your care team and optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
You are committed to excellence, understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and are passionate about seniors. You thrive on building relationships with a goal of making a difference in people’s lives. You will promote our community lifestyle, its amenities and life enriching programs, and achieve a level of customer service that identifies with our servant-heart standards of operation.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five (5) years of experience in a senior care community with proven leadership and organizational skills, state required license/certification for operating an Assisted Care Living community.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Community including profit and loss, marketing, sales, regulatory compliance, maintaining high customer satisfaction, meeting financial expectations and ensuring a quality workforce.
- Proven ability to manage four to five (4-5) subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 20-30 employees in the areas of Housekeeping, Resident Care, Maintenance, Dietary and Office.
- Demonstrates competence in the area of regulatory compliance and ensures that the property stays in regulatory compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Provides leadership in such a manner that represents key servant leadership principles, including effective listening, empathy, awareness, and persuasiveness.
- Hires, orients, supervises, evaluates, reviews and appropriately disciplines subordinate staff.
- Offers proactive solutions to problems and circumstances in keeping with the company vision, values, policies and standards.
- Driven to achieve and exceed goals and have the ability to motivate others to do the same.
- Proven experience in leadership, development and retention of staff.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office & electronic health records (EHR) systems.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families, employees and others as needed.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as Manager on Duty, and/or be on call when needed.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees and the overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we encourage you to apply. – Be part of making a true difference in our Resident’s lives!