GENERAL CLERK - DEPARTMENT OF PROBATION SERVICES
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The General Clerk plays a pivotal role in carrying out the work of the Court and furthering the primary mission of Probation Services to ensure the safety and protection of the community, uphold offender accountability, and aid in offender rehabilitation. The General Clerk is responsible for providing general clerical support to all staff and receptionist support for the Department. The General Clerk aids in the efficient and effective operation of Probation Services and therefore, good communication and relationship building skills are essential.
HOURS WORKED: The individual working in the position of General Clerk traditionally follows the operating hours of the Adams County Court of Common Pleas, which is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. However, it is to be understood that the Court may set hours, change start and end times, require working through lunch periods, require overtime work, require weekend and/or evening work, or in any other way adjust schedules as needed to ensure the availability of judicial services to the public and to ensure efficient court operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Verification of High School diploma or equivalent is required.
2. General knowledge of Microsoft Office products required; participation in training provided by the employer is expected.
3. Knowledge of contemporary office practices and procedures.
4. Criminal background checks and clearances, including but not limited to fingerprinting, as directed.
- Cover Letter & Resume (if applying through Indeed, it will need to be merged into one document)
- Online application including the profile portion of the Career Center.
Applications will NOT be considered without all required documentation.
Pay Rate: $14.68/hour as set by the Teamsters Union
Job is posted until filled
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, and retirement plan. A detailed job description is attached and available from Court Human Resources.
The County of Adams
BusinessView all jobs at The County of Adams
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?