Senior Project Manager - Building Specialties
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Project Manager works closely with sales and detailing to meet customer needs on each active project: participates in problem resolution for jobs by skillfully gathering and analyzing information, developing alternate approaches and working well with small groups. Industry experience will allow Senior Project Manager to handle a large volume of work efficiently and effectively with little help or supervision.
Responsible for communication with the customer and managing all logistics involved with order and delivering goods on a timely basis.
- Receives telephone calls, emails and other correspondence from customers and coordinates response with assigned salesperson assuring reply within 24 hours.
- Corresponds and follows up with customers by sending final hardware or other schedules for approval. Assures a prompt return and communicates changes and progress of schedule.
- Contacts customer before each jobsite delivery to assure proper scheduling of delivery and assures all logistics regarding delivery commitments are fulfilled.
- Coordinate and attend job site meetings according to the customer’s schedule and requirements and update salesperson with summary of meetings.
- Proactively anticipates customer needs and actively and periodically solicits feedback on Cook and Boardman performance.
- Participates in developing solutions for customers and salesperson with technical issues involving hardware and door products.
- Monitors production schedules
- Keeps project files orderly and efficiently.
- Manages any project changes, revisions, revised purchase orders and changes order documents and Comsense files to show revisions.
- Attend all sales meetings to provide information or input for any customer services issues, as well as typing up written notes from the meeting for all project managers
- Mentor less experienced project managers to learn about the D&H industry, Comsense applications, etc. about project management best practices
- Help interview and train new project managers
- Conduct a monthly project managers meeting with all project managers from all teams
- Potentially take large low margin projects the branch has closed and project managers those jobs
- All other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of experience with the industry, required
- Proven project management experience and high technical understanding of products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Functional and working knowledge of computers
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some experience with construction / project management or sales in commercial building materials
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing, good mathematical skills
- Understanding of basic construction skills
- Professional and polished in both appearance and speech
This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Some job site visits will be required to meet with customers and/or field verify job conditions.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Could require driving to and touring project sites for job meetings and site review. Work from home / remote employee would be considered for the right candidate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The Cook & Boardman Group
Get fresh Senior Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.