- Expired: November 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation's premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for assisting in accounts receivable duties (invoicing and cash payment processing) and accounts payable duties (receiving/processing invoices and collections) and other accounts receivable/payable transactions and reports.
- Receives material and creates and distributes packing slips for ship direct invoices
- Matches receiving with invoices
- Enters invoices to be paid
- Researches both receiving that does not have an invoice and invoices that do not have receiving
- Resolves issues on the Accrued Payables Report.
- Checks statements for past dues and investigates discrepancies
- Requests corporate credit card receipts and enters the credit card information on line and scans the receipts to corporate
- Scans expenses to corporate
- Prepares, requests and distributes second tier lien waivers
- Sends and responds to email and telephone inquiries concerning accounts payable
- Facilitates RGA's/back charges/supplier returns
- Miscellaneous sales order billing/invoicing
- Process customer returns on miscellaneous sales orders
- Maintaining and reconciling deposits daily
- Assist in quarterly and annual closeouts of the accounting periods
- Other relative duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Current and valid US driver's license preferred
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in similar accounting position
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Excel experience and skills required
- High attention to detail, self-motivated, and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong PC and systems skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong multitasking skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require business travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]
The Cook & Boardman Group
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accounting Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.