The Consortium, Inc.
Expired: June 06, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
- AWS CDK
- AWS - Lambda, SNS, SQS, Dynamo
- AWS Server-less Architecture
- Bachelors Degree
Our elite team is comprised of highly capable engineers that develop and deliver products and customer-facing platforms, which are critical to students, and other internal and external stakeholders. You will be joining a rapidly expanding elite team of engineers. At its maturity, the product will serve engaging content to students across multiple channels, including a mobile app. We are focused?on?improving the speed and reliability of our service delivery in support of our mission; to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students annually.
Profile: Must have experience in DevOps with a focus on AWS Serverless technology and Node.js
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will research, design, and implement solutions to attain high quality and process automation within the Information Technology division and across multiple products, including mobile and web applications.
You have designed, developed, and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. You must possess the hands-on technical skills and experiences with Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems.
As an engineer, you must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the department and the organization. You must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects. This is the position you will exercise all of the hard learnings when you were receiving Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any other related engineering field degree.
- - Design, develop and implement automated solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's goals and objectives.
- - Responsible for the quality of your work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management standards/metrics to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
- - Use metrics to establish the feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing, and time frames.
- - Provide support (coaching and mentoring) for teammate's work activities on a regular basis
- - Actively review their and the team's work product and implement improvements seen from other teams or within the industry to drive continuous improvement of the team's efficiency, speed, and quality.
- - Design systems that allow for monitoring and reporting.
- - Develop full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality and reduced time to market.
- - Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable "cloud" based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets necessary to support the continuous delivery pipeline.
- - Integrate COTS products across the continuous delivery pipeline to provide a comprehensive automated system from epic definition, development, test and deploy of CB applications within Amazon Web Service environments.
- - A hands-on engineer who leads by doing. Take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. Develop solutions from business initiation through operational integrity.
- - Support the development of standards by creating templates for ease of use and increase system productivity
- - Foster, and build a community of practice for collective learning of the tools and systems across all disciplines
- Qualifications needed for the role
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5-8 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration.
Preferred skills and attributes for the role
- Strong, proven experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment.
- Strong practical Linux-based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud-based environment.
- Experience working with APIs and Microservices.
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPCs, DNS, Load Balancing, and firewalling.
- Experience building infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework, AWS CDK, Cloud Formation, or similar scripting techniques.
- Experience managing releases into production using AWS Code Pipeline.
- Expertise with Git and Bitbucket, including branching workflows.
- Experience with monitoring suites (Ex: New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic)is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to set priorities, work independently, and attain goals.
- The ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things.
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big picture and broader implications.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org The Consortium "Combining Talent with Technology" www.consortiuminc.com
The Consortium, Inc.Reston, VA
TechnologyView All The Consortium, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.