Brain Health Tool Editor ~ elderly, aging, health, nutrition, memory, brain performance writing &...
Working within the Staying Sharp Program Team and in collaboration with the Content team, help to shape the Staying Sharp content to support the vision that Staying Sharp is the most relied upon and valued brain health tool for people 50+.
This role will direct the development of content for the Staying Sharp program. Content offerings within Staying Sharp cover topics that include the Six Pillars of Brain Health (nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress, engage your brain and social connections), Mental Well-Being, as well as content related to specific areas of brain performance, including memory, attention, reasoning, etc.
The Staying Sharp Editor oversees development of various forms of written content, including content intended to educate (articles), content intended to encourage specific actions (activities), mini courses (Challenges) and many other interactive content features and can make the connection between UX and content as part of a broader user journey.
- Directs the creation of authoritative and trustworthy content for the Staying Sharp digital platform and app, appealing to the 50+ demographic and amplifies the mission to empower people to have a healthier brain as they age.
- Ensures that content is
- adheres to publishing and digital best practices,
- enhances the Staying Sharp user experience,
- is presented in innovative and compelling ways.
- Works diligently to generate high-impact content that is optimized for a digital audience and can make the connection between UX and content as part of a broader user journey.
- Applies insight from digital analytics tools to evolve content to support ongoing engagement on the platform.
- Guides and manages a team of contract writers and editors.
- Monitors major developments and news relative to brain health, as well as trends of interest to the 50+ audience.
- Collaborates with and advises Staying Sharp and staff to fulfill on Program KPI’s.
- Builds and maintains constructive and productive partnerships with Staying Sharp and internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Health category. Experience within the Brain Health category a bonus.
- Understanding of and experience developing content for a digital product/program.
- The ability to provide editorial supervision and direction for the online presentation of content.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related discipline and 10 to 15 years of digital publishing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Exceptional editing and writing skills with a proven track record on a consumer-facing digital platform.
- Ability to utilize multiple information sources, including research results, and to analyze complex information to identify trends and develop successful editorial strategies.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in matrix teams.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"
The Consortium, Inc.Washington, DC
Arts and Entertainment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.