- Posted: over a month ago
TITLE: Paralegal Assistant
LINE OF BUSINESS/DIVISION: Legal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Regional Counsel
NUMBER OF POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
The Paralegal Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Fund’s Legal Department. The Paralegal Assistant will be responsible for assisting with real estate closings, drafting correspondence, Legal Department file setup and management, interfacing with title companies, coordinating payment of real estate taxes, and other assistance. The Paralegal Assistant reports to the Regional Counsel but works as a team member with the entire Legal Department and Conservation Loans Program.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination or booster by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
RESPONSIBLITIES & SCOPE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Closings. 1) Assist the Legal Department with due diligence for real estate transactions, preparation of closing documents for transactions, and communications with title companies. 2) Track and complete post-closing activities, including legal file completion and as applicable receipt of recorded documents.
- Real Estate Documentation. Prepare a variety of documents related to the acquisition and disposition of interests in real estate, including but not limited to letters of escrow instruction, general correspondence and other types of documents associated with the acquisition and disposition of real estate; assist with the preparation of contracts of sale, deeds, and conservation easements.
- File Management. Open, organize, and maintain legal documents from multiple Legal staff members.
- Serve as the organization’s lead resource in the proper accounting for gifts, pledges, and other revenue transactions.
- Taxes. Receive, organize, track and arrangement for payment of real estate taxes
- Board Resolutions. Assist with the preparation of resolutions to be considered by the Fund’s Board of Directors.
- Other. Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years relevant real estate experience.
- Good written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Diligence and high attention to detail in completing responsibilities.
- Strong capability and initiative to complete projects without supervision.
- Ability to work with and take direction from a wide range of people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe products.
- Interest in conservation and commitment to the Fund’s mission.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred but not required.
- Work is performed primarily in office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings.
- Estimated travel – 0 %
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary, opportunities to earn performance-based bonus compensation and a highly competitive package of benefits including employer contributions for health care, paid holidays, vacation and personal/sick leave, retirement plan and more.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
***To apply, please submit cover letter and resume with application***
Apply at https://www.conservationfund.org/careers.
To learn more about The Conservation Fund, visit https://www.conservationfund.org.
The Conservation Fund, a nonprofit corporation, is an Equal Opportunity Employer that fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave status, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression. The Fund prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
The Conservation Fund
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?