Construction Sales Rep - East Tennessee - Knoxville
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sales Representative must sell Foley Products Company's (FPC) line of precast concrete products and act as a FPC business representative in the marketplace. The Sales Representative is also responsible maintaining favorable relationships with current and prospective customers, achieving sales goals, ensuring the profitability of their assigned accounts, gathering business intelligence, monitoring both direct and alternate product competitors, accessing and forecasting economic conditions and developing short and long-term sales strategies to increase sales volume, market share and profits.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external and internal customers.
- Gain access and develop relationships with Executives to Site Foremen in your customers - own the account and know every decision maker
- Develop sales that meet the product mix and market share targets set by the FPC.
- Compile market information to validate market share and market segmentation target.
- Negotiate agreements with customers to attain the highest possible unit selling prices and profits.
- Manage customer expectations of the product ordering and delivery processes, to include quotations, design, submittal, delivery and payment terms among others.
- Participate in sales meetings and other scheduled events.
- Update monthly sales forecasts for new order bookings and revenue.
- Monitor our competition's product offering, pricing, and production capacity.
- Adhere to all FPC requirements for pricing and quotations, vehicle and expense account management, and customer file management.
- Perform material take-offs and prepare thorough and accurate quotations as directed.
- Participate in demand forecasting, market analysis and continuous improvement efforts.
- Capitalize on every quoting / bidding opportunity by diligently following-up, adjusting as necessary, and reporting the final disposition of every opportunities. Win or Learn from every quote authored.
- Plan and participate in contract negotiations.
- Work in concert with FPC's Estimating, Project Management, Quality Control, Production, Dispatch and Accounting teams to ensure every client receives the highest level of customer service.
- Actively network and participate in industry-related organizations in order to develop key-business relationships to further best interests of our industry and FPC's strategic objectives.
- Generate sales revenue while increasing market share by building long term relationships with owners, specifiers, project managers and estimators within new and existing accounts.
- Gather business intelligence to develop and implement sales strategies to achieve territory sales objectives and maximize ROI with every opportunity.
- Respond to customer questions regarding product applications, specifications, pricing, availability, and installation.
- Take constant, thoughtful and aggressive action against competitive alternate products.
- Valid driver's license with safety-conscious driving record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Three to four years of sales experience, preferably in a construction industry.
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter with the discipline to work independently within assigned territory to accomplish goals.
- Ability to read and interpret civil drawings and engineering production drawings.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite tools including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, engineering, construction management or a related field preferred
- Experience with a formalized selling system and/or CRM software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; 401(k) w/ match; paid vacation
The Concrete Company (Foley Products)
BusinessView all jobs at The Concrete Company (Foley Products)